Spreading our Wings :)

This is a discussion on Spreading our Wings :) within the Your Website forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; Hello everyone! I've recently started a photography art business page on behalf of my husband, the photographer. We've started attracting a bit of traffic, but ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Red face Spreading our Wings :)

Hello everyone! I've recently started a photography art business page on behalf of my husband, the photographer. We've started attracting a bit of traffic, but no purchases yet. Any and all business, critique, tips and suggestions are welcomed! Advertising help and target audience suggestions are needed Is our pricing too high? Right now it is set so we would be making a minimum profit since his work is relatively unknown. Here is a link to our page:
    KB Photography Art by KBPhotographyArt on Etsy
    All feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
    -Michelle and Kevin
    KBPhotographyArt@gmail.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hi, Michelle. I looked at your husband's work and see only scenery. Does he do portraits or weddings? In my opinion, scenery is commonplace unless it is exceptional. Some of his photos could also use some post-processing (some are rather dark).

There are websites offering advice on how to sell your work. I remember one piece of advice was not to sell your work cheaply. I have no idea of pricing photos so I would not be able to say whether or not your prices are too cheap.

I read an article a few days ago about how difficult it is getting to make a living from photography. So many people now have cameras that are capable of producing excellent photos. Composition counts for a lot, and so does post-processing. I think those things can make or break a business.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thank you John! Your feedback is appreciated. -Michelle

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links