Protecting photos with watermark on Wordpress blog

This is a discussion on Protecting photos with watermark on Wordpress blog within the Your Website forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; Because I often found my blogged photos on other web pages without any question, and I know that had happened to you before, I decided ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Lightbulb Protecting photos with watermark on Wordpress blog

Because I often found my blogged photos on other web pages without any question, and I know that had happened to you before, I decided that should do something about that, so I have written a Wordpress plugin called Watermark RELOADED and advanced version of it called Watermark RELOADED Pro. Both versions offer lots of options for setting the watermark the way you like. But the pro version has more advanced features like watermark background and transparency, etc.

Because this plugin was developed mostly for photographers, I am curious about some feedback from the community and also if there are some features that would be nice to have in such plugin.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Protect your images, May help you below listed steps, try them:

1. Watermark your images using a WordPress Plugin or by creating one in an image editing program.
    2. Shirnkwrap your images so that the average user cannot download/save your image. Basically you put a transparent image over your actual image so that would-be-thieves would actually download a blank image.
    3. Don't upload hi-quality images to your blog. Try using lower-res images in your blog post rather than your best work.
    4. Slice your image and use tables to lay the slices out. That way images have to be downloaded in pieces. Combine this with watermarking and you;ve created a pretty bad headache for a thief.
    5. Disallow hotlinking to images so that people can't just insert your image into their website with the img src code.
    6. Don't allow search engines to catalog your images.
    7. Use a clear and accurate copyright notice.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links