New Website: Let me know what you think...

This is a discussion on New Website: Let me know what you think... within the Your Website forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; New Website, please let me know what you think.... Thanks Thingography.com A Free FullPage Photo Gallery featuring Flowers, Mushrooms, Insects, Frogs, Nature, Colorful Close-ups...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Website: Let me know what you think...

PHOTO EDITING OK

New Website: Let me know what you think...

costisefu likes this.

Equipment
    Canon T2i
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi there ! I'm not a huge fan of solid black backgrounds. Also I feel the use of bright green and yellow typography is distracting and taking the focus away from your great photos.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I always thought the black background was easier on the eyes & made picture look better (maybe it's a light sensitivity issue), but I suppose I can tone down or reduce the size of the Font on the Gallery pages,
    or maybe remove it completely. Thanks for your thoughts.

Anyone else have thoughts.......

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The black colour background and the fonts in the website just does not blend in well. No doubt that it is very contrast but it looks kind of dull.

We all should learn from the pro ===> Digital Photography Tips: Digital Photography School

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Okay, I made some major changes in the webdesign. If any one could let me know what you think....
    Thanks

PHOTO EDITING OK
    1. The colour scheme seems awkward to me. I think standard black text on a white background would better serve you.

2. The header is too big and the menu links are too small.

3. I'm not clear on the purpose of the site. Are these your photos, user submissions or found images from the web? Who are you? What's your background, why did you create this site? It seems like you are trying to create a photoblog, but without the blog part. I think a proper photoblog would be a better way to go.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I have already altered the the color scheme a couple of times ( & may again in the future), I tend to like darker backgrounds when looking a pictures (to me it's easier on the eyes).
    The header maybe reduced in the future (most likely) & menu link also changed. I have RE-learned since the origin of this site is that "you can't please all of the people all of the time (including yourself). Just do your best.

The purpose of the site is "somewhat" explained in the about page. To share photos, I have taken many photos & decided to share some with family & friends in e-mails. Having them just sit on the computer was almost senseless. The e-mails got such a positive response a website was created (after learning how this winter). To date, these are all my photos. I try to have at least 20 "acceptable" photos in a gallery before posting them. As to where the website is headed.... I'm not sure, I have a few ideas.
    Until I get used to the internet I prefer to remain somewhat anonymous. I have dabbled with cameras for a long time, but I do not work in the photography field.
    Since the creation of the website, I will try a little harder for more interesting photos....

Thanks for your input
    Last edited by CameraShy; 03-17-2012 at 06:25 AM.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I didn't see the earlier versions but as it is, it's very entertaining. Looks like it was a lot of hard work and incredible skill... well done!!
    You can call me Tracy… but ya doesn’t hafta call me Doubletakes

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Sorry, i have been here for a while, Thank you Tracy

Spring time is here, flowers & insects are out...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    pro websites are white. Also give up that colored font. Graphic buttons are a little amateuristic. Maybe its better without graphics. Slideshow is great.
    Keep it simple. Good luck.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links