that's one small step for man......

This is a discussion on that's one small step for man...... within the What's In The News forums, part of the Casual Chat category; lost...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JonMikal

Likes Eskimo Bars
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Isn't that unbelievable??!! "Oh, we've misplaced 700 boxes". Sheesh.

(Umm, don't we know someone who works there?)
    A bit older and a bit wiser

loving the dark
    ok, admittedly i am a conspiracy theorist...

but...

how ironic they lost those original tapes...

now, if you were to look at it from the stand point, that they hope no one finds out they never took that footage on the moon, but in arizona in some back desert....and it was all smoke and mirrors, then now with technology being what it is, how can we ever expose the doctored tapes if they are missing..?

pretty convient, 'eh? what if ....? what if all we thought was an elaborate hoax? what if the few times we really tried to walk on the moon were back lots ...and what if the few times we attempted the real flights, they blew up in our faces...?

what if?

( just playing devils advocate.... dont go all postal on me.... :P )
    you know, lately i have been feeling kinda creepy.....http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...mpincoffin.gif

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Admin

Hey I gotta agree with you aprilraven. I've read all sorts of stuff that debunks the original moon landing. I'm not crazy enough (yet) to have reached any serious conclusions, but these lost tapes certainly put another notch in the conspiracy theory argument.
    "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea."

loving the dark
    you need to see the video that mod put up...

that is amazing...thanks mod!! i loved that.. i have the whole office watching this...
    you know, lately i have been feeling kinda creepy.....http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...mpincoffin.gif

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Great video, MOD! Who knew those old men could swear like that?!?

Here's my gig ... I'm goofy enough to want to believe that it happened, and has happened every time since. Was it fake then? Dunno ... Is it fake now? Seriously doubt it ...technology is so phenomenal that it'd be hard to fake now. Besides that, it'd mean that the explosions that resulted in loss of life were all for nothing -- the Appollos and Challenger and Columbia ... and that would be sad and pathetic.

(then again, we ARE talking about a government agency ...)

As for the 'misplacing' of the hundreds of boxes ... NAW! Did they REALLY?!? Pfft .... thermal fax paper doesn't hold print for very many years ... you really think that the archaic film processing from the 60's is going to be timeless?

Puh Leez ... those film cans got tossed along with the cryo machine that Mel Gibson's character was stored in from Forever Young ...

Have you guys not ever lost anything? Car keys, wallet, purse, 700 boxes! It just happens as we get older.
    To make a difference in someones day or life, just be nice.

IAFF L-726

JonMikal
    'waxed' would not be the correct terminology, and if you were to be 'waxed', suits wouldn't be chasing you. what a dumbass.

I watched the video and honestly I felt kind of sorry for the old cosmonauts. This “journalists” tactics were questionable to say the least. Regardless of whether these men actually landed on the moon is inconsequential to their importance IMHO, but let me try and explain where I am coming from.

IF the US faked the moon landing the government must have had a pretty serious reason for doing it. My half baked theory on the government’s motives lies in the definition of national security.

Definition: a collective term for the defense and foreign relations of a country, protection of the interests of a country.

America’s economy was under threat of being destroyed or at least crippled by communism (feel free to roll your eyes). If communism had succeeded then free trade and capitalism in general would have been impossible. Commie countries don’t trade with capitalist countries, so who would the US do business with? These were two competing economies.

The space race was an extension of that competition. When the USSR launched a ship into space they basically told the world that communism was as good, if not better than capitalism. America HAD to one up the communists because this really made them look bad. I’ve read a bunch of communist and capitalist propaganda that would certainly suggest that the proponents of both ideologies were trying to prove that the other was inefficient and wrong.

By televising the moon landing America was proving that they were technologically superior to the USSR.

It was in the interests of national security for America to prove that the USSR was inferior technologically. It made Americans believe in the project of capitalism. For this reason the Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong were working in the interests of their government.

Well this theory is as half baked as they get, but I’m just glad that I don’t have to salute a picture of Stalin every morning. I'd love to hear and counter arguments, as I am sure that there are many.
    "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea."

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links