Even dead people can't escape AOL

This is a discussion on Even dead people can't escape AOL within the What's In The News forums, part of the Casual Chat category; Maxine Gauthier doesn't own a computer. She doesn't know the first thing about Web browsing or sending e-mail. She's not even sure where to find ...

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Maxine Gauthier doesn't own a computer. She doesn't know the first thing about Web browsing or sending e-mail. She's not even sure where to find a computer's "on" button, as she describes it.

Yet for the past nine months, she has been fighting one of the most persistent and some say irritating institutions in cyberspace: AOL, formerly known as America Online.

"They just haven't wanted to let go," the 55-year-old St. Louisan said. "I don't think they'll ever really let go."

Her struggle has involved about a dozen phone calls often ending with an AOL customer service representative or manager hanging up on her..more
    Admin

PHOTO EDITING OK
    It can be the same in UK. AOL not only take over your life but also I am told takes over your machine. Thank goodness I was warned before I ever went on line.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links