Weekly Theme - Photos

This is a discussion on Weekly Theme - Photos within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; OK now its an odd theme but as photographers we all take huggings (thats a lot) of photos, but what to we do with them? ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By yorkshireman
  • 1 Post By yorkshireman

Thread: Weekly Theme - Photos

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Weekly Theme - Photos

OK now its an odd theme but as photographers we all take huggings (thats a lot) of photos, but what to we do with them? So (and this might float like a lead balloon) I want to see what you do with yours, something like a photo of your photos. OK this is probably as clear as mud but do you have them printed?, put on mugs?, hung on walls and beautifully framed - where do they end up.

I am sure there are many out there that need inspiration and ideas how best to display their images, so share with us what you all do.

OK let me share what I did recently .............

OK lately I have been getting some great deals through a voucher scheme for canvas printing and while I know this isn't the top notch photo canvas printing that can be obtained it works for me as I don't have the top notch money to spend.

I asked friends and photography friends around the world to choose a photograph from 15 which I put on the net here http://www.yorkshire-graphics.co.uk/...vas/index.html - this way I didn't have to make the decision and I thought it was a neat way of choosing the right image.

My first post below is the image that was selected and the canvas I bought.

This theme will run for two weeks and while I appreciate I don't give this forum my full attention I do what I can.
    Last edited by yorkshireman; 09-28-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This canvas is 4ft x 3ft and cost just 30 and that included a special UV protection coating, normal price 149, how could I refuse, so the image chosen was by my friends and photography friends around the world - which I thought was a neat idea.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    OK well this theme looks like being a waste of time, maybe the weekly theme has passed its sell-by date - OK I'll add another where Felix has become the main star in this years Christmas Card ....

Name:  felix-xmascard.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  57.1 KB

Equipment
    Nikon D5100, Replay, GoPro, JVC ProHD video
    PHOTO EDITING OK

I took this picture with a pocket camera back when the shop truck was new. Printed it out on the large format printer & pinned it to the wall to show what the new printer could do. That was back in '93 and it's still on the wall. I should update I guess. Since then I've traded the printer for a new one, Then traded that printer for another one, Traded the truck for a new one & the camera I took the photo with was several cameras ago. But, the picture is still here. I print out a pictures on plain copier paper from time to time & hang them on the office wall by the truck print. They get rotated out once in awhile.

I printed out & framed a group of shots from our vacation last year, taken with a pocket camera. We are close to another trip, so there might be new pics on the wall soon.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    My first photo with my new Nikon D7000. Had just put the battery in and took this pic of my 11 X 14 shot from my Nikon Coolpix 800 of one of my carnivorous plants. Reflections are from room lights... no flash.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Sorry George, you know I usually take part in the weekly theme but I just haven't got anything for this one, sorry for not posting in the last one either I was having personal problems, but I am back on track now

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Dazz - no need to apologise I haven't the time lately to give to this and just wanted to do something different because we all take photos and lately I have been getting some good deals on canvases, really pleased they have made it onto another medium other than a hard disk

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzaone View Post
    Sorry George, you know I usually take part in the weekly theme but I just haven't got anything for this one, sorry for not posting in the last one either I was having personal problems, but I am back on track now

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    So far slow response but I expected that, really thought we would get some inspiration out of this theme though.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Here's all I have! Where's my prize?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireman View Post
    This canvas is 4ft x 3ft and cost just 30 and that included a special UV protection coating, normal price 149, how could I refuse, so the image chosen was by my friends and photography friends around the world - which I thought was a neat idea.

I thought was a neat idea
    I like your car

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links