Weekly Theme - My Neighbour

This is a discussion on Weekly Theme - My Neighbour within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; The Wittelsbacher Schloss in Friedberg; taken a few days ago using my Voigländer Vitomatic 1a and Kodak Ektar 100: This castle is just around the ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Weekly Theme - My Neighbour

Equipment
    I use 35mm film, instant film and digital cameras
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The Wittelsbacher Schloss in Friedberg; taken a few days ago using my Voigländer Vitomatic 1a and Kodak Ektar 100:

This castle is just around the corner from the local primary school, and I took this shot whilst waiting to collect my daughter from school. Inside the courtyard the sun was shielded by the tower, creating a halo effect in which air-borne particles were very well illuminated. After school was out, we went and watched the fairies dancing on the breeze for a while...
    Last edited by Fred Berg; 05-12-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    Photography is a portal through which we are transported to other worlds

Equipment
    I use 35mm film, instant film and digital cameras
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Part of the defensive moat showing the Jakobertor in Augsburg. The Jakobertor is one of the 4 or 5 extant medieval gates to the city, and about a 5 to 10 minute walk from my workplace. Again, taken with the Voigtländer and Ektar:

Photography is a portal through which we are transported to other worlds

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    OK, this is one I took for George's "tis the Season" thread just after I got back into the forum after having been away for awhile.
    It's a house about a hundred meters or so down the street I was driving past every day and thinking it might make a nice picture for George's thread.
    So I walked up there one night and did an HDR series of about seven images which I processed in Photomatix.

christmas decorations 1 by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr

And the second one is another one I've posted before, and recently; a photo I took just before I witnessed and successfully captured the UFL event. But I digress. Like the other two I posted here earlier, I shot this one from the same deck behind our house.

You might ask what a picture of the moon has to do with the concept of "neighborhood", but if you stop to think about it, in terms of the universe, every human being on our little planet is our neighbor.

Chcagoland Moon 3 AM by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr
    Dazzaone likes this.
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in.” - John Muir

Equipment
    Canon EOS Rebel T2i
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    These themes are great. While my photo is no where near the perfection of those previously posted, still felt the want to share. This is the main road to my home in rural North Carolina.Name:  IMG_5381.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  40.0 KB
    ChicagoJohn and quangdog like this.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The view from my living room window

Santa María Ahuacatitlán, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Méjico

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. Emiliano Zapata

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This recreation ground is part of our regular dog-walking route and is only about 5 minutes away.

and a view from the back bedroom I do my ironing in while watching the birds on our feeders
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Name:  rsz_img_3008_1_crop.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  100.6 KB

Most of the photos here are of houses. But neighbours can be other things like neighbourhood parks and trails in them.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This is one of my favourite views of my neighbourhood, not because of any photographic quality's but looking down on the streets where I live I know I can turn around and head into the hills from here in less than 5 minutes...

PHOTO EDITING OK

He/she is one of 4 in a very large nest, next door on a dock tower, although they spend time eating fish in my tree.

Cameron
    ChicagoJohn likes this.

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

He/she is one of 4 in a very large nest, next door on a dock tower, although they spend time eating fish in my tree.

Cameron
    It's a "she", Cameron; Look under her tail.
    That is one "tuned in" raptor, baby!!
    Love the straight angles of the antenna and the curvilinear components in the same orientation of the bird
    with his open beak at right angles with it.
    Also, looks to me like some dodge and burn going on to accentuate the dynamic range under the bird
    which, methinks, would have been rather badly shadowed and without detail in the original, given the lighting.

Nice job!
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in.” - John Muir

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links