Weekly Theme "LOOK UP"

This is a discussion on Weekly Theme "LOOK UP" within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; The theme this week is LOOK UP, we tend to walk about viewing the world at eye level and never look up unless someone is ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Weekly Theme "LOOK UP"

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Weekly Theme "LOOK UP"

The theme this week is LOOK UP, we tend to walk about viewing the world at eye level and never look up unless someone is pointed out to us. Bend your head back now, hurts don't it, thats because we rarely do it (unless we are plane spotters). So while out and about, in town, in the country, in the house just have a moment and look up, you might be surprised what you see. I hasn't to be something flying at 30,000ft it can be just the top of a building, a piece of architecture you hadn't noticed before - use your eyes.

This theme came to me last week when on two occasions in the same week I for some unknown reason looked up and twice got a couple of photos I am well chuffed about, mainly because they captured things that I wasn't aware were going off.

ONLY 2 IMAGES PER POST PLEASE - GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE

So here are the two shots I was talking about .....

#1 - I had seen the moon in a clear blue sky and then noticed in the distance a plane approaching and wondered just how close it would get. As I had seen the plane approaching I had plenty of time to get the correct lens on and prepare myself to get the shot I wanted.

#2 - Again looking up I just happened to catch what looked like a dot in the sky, I could make out it was a bird and as it was soaring so it had to be a hawk of some kind. Once again I had time to get the correct lens on and get a shot, I estimate the bird was at about 1000ft when I first saw it. This might not be a rare site where you guys live but we don't get many opportunities to see Buzzards where I live, but then who knows because I rarely LOOK UP.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    As Yorkshireman said, it doesn't have to be way up in the sky to be interesting:

A tree by my house before the spring renewal started:

Nothing much to say, I just liked how these stairs looked from below:

ChicagoJohn and slutskaya like this.
    Disclaimer: I am not a professional so please take all comments with a grain of salt and consider the source.

Stupid photo blog that I had to make for my college photography class: My Stupid Photo Blog

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Will try get something new over the weekend

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Last edited by ChicagoJohn; 04-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    slutskaya and MountainRider like this.
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Untitled-5 by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

Equipment
    I use 35mm film, instant film and digital cameras
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Mother, oh Mother...

ChicagoJohn and slutskaya like this.
    Photography is a portal through which we are transported to other worlds

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Sick of all the spam and advertising. I'm done here.

PHOTO EDITING OK

~ Don
    "Donalds Camera" (Nikon user) *
    ~ Take a picture, .. it'll last longer ~

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    You are gonna kick butt on this one Don -- LMAO

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post

Outstanding and memorable image, Sparkmeister. And the second best thing about your post is that you managed to confine it to the limit of two images.
    But in order of preference, I would have to vote for the beauty of the image of the two cats.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links