Weekly Theme - "GREENS"

This is a discussion on Weekly Theme - "GREENS" within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; Is that "praying" or "preying"? Definitely from the archives (last summer to be exact) since there aren't a lot of insects running around Colorado this ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Weekly Theme - "GREENS"

Equipment
    Canon 60D, Canon lenses
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Is that "praying" or "preying"?

Definitely from the archives (last summer to be exact) since there aren't a lot of insects running around Colorado this time of year.
    Last edited by Preeb; 01-28-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    ChicagoJohn likes this.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Watering cans

and Ferns
    Fred Berg and MountainRider like this.
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Luna moth....really quite large

Santa María Ahuacatitlán, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Méjico

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. Emiliano Zapata

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Interesting Moth Willard* that's pretty wild

.. Some green B-25's

~ Don
    "Donalds Camera" (Nikon user) *
    ~ Take a picture, .. it'll last longer ~

PHOTO EDITING OK

~ Don
    "Donalds Camera" (Nikon user) *
    ~ Take a picture, .. it'll last longer ~

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Great green shots! Still winter here in Chicagoland though and not much green....

winter windows by Chicago John
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in.” - John Muir

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    What the heck! If this is about digging through the archives instead of making new images... I gots lots of green ones LOLOLOL

dandelion photoessay 4 by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr

IMGP4784 by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr

Nice choice, George!! Kick back and rummage through the archives LOL
    The previous one of the windows I took before I knew this week's topic and I have to admit that I changed the chroma a tad to fit it in.
    But I have a ton of green shots in the archives.... so I probably won't be taking any pictures this week.
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in.” - John Muir

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireman View Post
    A couple of archives from me

Since you invited us to comment upon images this week, George, I will take that opportunity to say a few words about this one. Sometimes the pure visual essence of an image is what grabs me as it does here. As Alexander Pope wrote in his Essay on Criticism which was directed to critics of poetry, not visual art, written in the form of a poem, by the way, "Life, force, and beauty must to all impart. At once the source and end and test of art.", or words to that effect. And often I see an images that brings Pope's lines to mind. But it is seldom, if ever, one of a plant!

This is an exception, though. I think this image in it's clarity of focus with respect to the plant background and its burst-like geometry definitely demonstrates life, force, and beauty. And to my eye, it is exquisite art. (not to mention the rule-or-thirds placement of the subject and the very nice framing!!)

Well, here's my contribution to the green category I guess. These are from Cambodia and Thailand respectively.

Name:  Untitled-145.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  60.7 KBName:  TER_002110.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  99.4 KB

Super Moderator
    Equipment
    Canon 5D mk II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, Speelite 430EX II, 5380EX II
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Green Crystal by Tim Campbell1, on Flickr

Safety Note: Don't try this at home. (At least not without proper safety precautions.) The 532nm laser used to make this glow could easily cause permanent eye damage faster than your blink reflex could prevent it -- and there are a LOT of unpredictable reflections off cut crystal. Since I didn't think being blind would be an asset to photography, I was wearing safety goggles (designed for laser's frequency) when I shot this.
    Last edited by TCampbell; 01-28-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Tim Campbell

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links