Tis the Season

This is a discussion on Tis the Season within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; Originally Posted by quangdog And here is the view from the top of Jackson's Peak in Idaho - just over 8000 feet. Had to hop ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Tis the Season

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by quangdog View Post
    And here is the view from the top of Jackson's Peak in Idaho - just over 8000 feet. Had to hop off the snowmobiles and hike the last half mile up a pretty steep grade to get to the vantage point for this shot. This is a stitching of about 15 shots to form the panorama... and it does NOT do the view justice. Simply amazing.

Attachment 30819

You can see a larger version of this thing here: http://www.kimballlarsen.com/Content...maFullSize.jpg
    The larger version is AWESOME !!
    quangdog likes this.
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Well, I'm sure George will be closing this thread soon. But there is yet time to take a cup of kindness for days of auld layng syne, in the spirit of Robert Burns.
    Here is to a very happy, healthy, and productive new year for us all !
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    'twas the season

twas the season by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr

Equipment
    I use 35mm film, instant film and digital cameras
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Tis the season for slowly getting back to normal....

ChicagoJohn likes this.
    Photography is a portal through which we are transported to other worlds

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Yup hope to change this Friday and just want to say what a great response, I have had lots on my plate (and not just turkey) so not getting on here as much as I would have liked, did get one image of Brendan at Christmas which says it all, here he is pleading with his eyes to start opening pressies - We were making him wait until his Uncle Paul arrived.

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Berg View Post
    Tis the season for slowly getting back to normal....

I like your use of light in this, Fred Berg. But in allusion to Young Frankenstein, I wonder if in some cases it might be a return to the AB-normal I guess it's a matter of interpretation....
    I really liked George's grandson picture which is no longer visible.

Anyway, thank you, youkshireman, for this thread. In dealing with some difficulties over the holiday season, it provided a focus that was at the same time a distraction an a source of inspiration. As Fred Berg has said so pithfully, photography is indeed a portal through which we are transported to other worlds. And to that observation I would add that that trip could not be a better one than it is with the members of Photoforum.com.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    ohw...why is there a flat iron...just wondering..

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    [QUOTE=jovymontoya2005;470815]ohw...why is there a flat iron...just wondering..[/QUOTE
    One would think it's obvious why -- you always iron the tree ornaments before putting them away for the season, eh? Otherwise they areall wrinkled when one takes'em out next year. It's an ounce of prevention, lass

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thank you for the great input on this theme - it is now closed

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links