Weekly Theme - "MACRO BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT"

This is a discussion on Weekly Theme - "MACRO BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT" within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn And while I'm at it, I really like your flash bulbs SueSue.... you don't see those very often anymore, especially this ...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn View Post
    And while I'm at it, I really like your flash bulbs SueSue.... you don't see those very often anymore, especially this close up!!
    Interesting to see what was once the cutting edge of photography technology from our modern persective. Only makes me wonder what future folk will think of our gear....

Thanks! I'm really enjoying reading your comments on all of the posts, Chicago John!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    This one takes a little more thought, which is good.

From today I tried a rusty peeling paint shot but it's really not pretty:

This one from the archives is an "oil and water with fabric underneath" shot, at least the colours are pleasing:

I'm going to have to try a little harder I think...
    Marie
    Nikon D5000, Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm VR f/3.5-5.6,
    Nikkor AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Marie it might not be "pretty" but the paint shot is fascinating, Chicago John condiments work for me and was wondering when the first salt shot was coming

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    From the archives.... Corks!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I remember those Dane and at time thought hmmmmm Wino .....

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireman View Post
    Marie it might not be "pretty" but the paint shot is fascinating, Chicago John condiments work for me and was wondering when the first salt shot was coming
    I agree with yorkshireman, watergirl; the corroded paint shot is compelling. Partially what it is, I think, is that when the mind cannot immediately recognize an image it is drawn into trying to do that. Even though you told us it was corroded paint, it took me a little while to actually see that; to see where the flakes had peeled up and buckled. Before that happened, it was this amazing and colorful unknown pattern.

I'm sure a process like this is involved in virtually every image we see, it's just norally almost instaneous, and here there was that interesting lag between perception and cognition.

Just in general, I'm really enjoying all of the images in this thread; so many creative ideas in macro once we are forced to think outside the typical box. Excellent idea yorkshireman !

(nice corks, Dane. Hope they were not accumulated in a single weekend :P
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in.” - John Muir

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks, John. My entire collection would require a wide angle, rather than macro.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

COST ME AROUND $1.00 TO MAKE THIS PICTURE
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    say cheeseburger!!!

MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE PRO 9

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Yikes... this is my third attempt at this one... they say the third time is the charm
    So on the way home from work today (guess I had this thread in the back of my head), looking forward to a glass of wine when I got home (Dane, I happened to look down at my shirt. And I thought, "why not?"

Fabric?

cotton polyester by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr

rayon knit by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in.” - John Muir

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    COST ME AROUND =00000464571.00 TO MAKE THIS PICTURE
    Nice PP, sonynut.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links