Weekly Theme - "MACRO BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT"

This is a discussion on Weekly Theme - "MACRO BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT" within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; Just got the lens before a trip ;-)...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Just got the lens before a trip ;-)
    say cheeseburger!!!

MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE PRO 9

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireman View Post
    OK just one more - now who has eyes like this (answer below)

Our Queen on the 20 note (and the catch lights in the eyes are in the engraving, thats something new I learned today)
    be careful George, wouldn't want HM's legal team getting you copying her image

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    These are a few months old, but I think they qualify for this thread. Love the submissions thus far and the concept! Will try to take something new this week...
    (I'm a newbie, so please let me know if I exceed posting norms in terms of size or number.)

Milkweed Seed

milkweedseedgodspeed by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Sorry... When I posted this broccoli picture, I hadn't seen the "leave food out" message. So I'm deleting it. Not sure how to fully delete a post. Can anyone help me?
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hot off the press, especially for this challenge! I dusted off the 100mm macro AND set up the tripod. (UGH! I HATE using the tripod. *sigh*)

Equipment
    I use 35mm film, instant film and digital cameras
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Medieval miniature

Photography is a portal through which we are transported to other worlds

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Chicago John - image size OK the bytesize does exceed the 450k, just drop the resolution slightly when saving as jpeg and that tortoise eye is something elese - Sue thanks for jumping in there, what are those?

Fredberg now thats different

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I got to admit that you guys are getting me going on this close up stuff. I hate to keep bringing up Wittgenstein, but yet again another thing he said in the Tractatus that I think relates to photography is, "That which can be shown, cannot be stated." And in keeping with that message, I am going to call this image "unnamed".

Also, I will say that the subject of this image is not a food, having had to retract my close up image of broccoli after discovering that foods are to be avoided in this thread. Technically this is not a food, it's a condiment, and if a food is said to be a substance of caloric value, I think I'm safe in that negation. But if condiments are to be avoided too, realizing the rules can change mid-course, let me know and I'll look elsewhere for a subject. :P

unnamed by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireman View Post
    Chicago John - image size OK the bytesize does exceed the 450k, just drop the resolution slightly when saving as jpeg
    Thanks, George. I'll keep an eye on that from now on.

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Berg View Post
    Medieval miniature

And if I am not mistaken, "Berg" auf Deutsch, means "village", nicht wahr?

So it's not as different as it may first appear I like it! Very creative....

And while I'm at it, I really like your flash bulbs SueSue.... you don't see those very often anymore, especially this close up!!
    Interesting to see what was once the cutting edge of photography technology from our modern persective. Only makes me wonder what future folk will think of our gear....

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links