*** Weekly Theme "Bodies of Water"

This is a discussion on *** Weekly Theme "Bodies of Water" within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; This week's theme is: "Bodies of Water" What I would like is obviously "bodies of water" whether that be lakes, lochs, ponds, seas, oceans, rivers, ...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This week's theme is: "Bodies of Water"

What I would like is obviously "bodies of water" whether that be lakes, lochs, ponds, seas, oceans, rivers, streams or the swimming pool but what I would also like is INFORMATION, what is it, where is it. For example if it is "a pasage through the Panama Canal" then tell us, let us know so we can appreciate the beauty of this great world we love in. Adding a words to an image can take it to the next level - so lets be creative out there.

You can post weekly theme suggestions through http://www.photoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=19655 or send Jen a PM (personal message).

*Please note that there is a TWO image limit, in this thread only but feel free to post as often as you wish.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    OK I'll start us off - here you see the view from the South end looking North up Loch Lomond (yup the one with the Bonnie Bonny Banks) in Scotland.

This one Scotland again, taken through the upstairs window in a fish retaurant in Oban looking across the Firth of Lorn to the Isle of Mull. Yes the same area as the Mull of Kintye as sang about by Paul McCartney (for those old enough to remember)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Should get some good feedback on this one George, I have a few in archives but I am about to don my wellies and head out to the hills, so might get a chance to put something new on... be back in a while!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    .. Good morning George, * .. here's an old one for now.
    Puget Sound sunrise, looking south from Camano Island. *

... ~ Don ~
    "Donalds Camera" (Nikon user) *
    ~ Take a picture, .. it'll last longer ~

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    East Dart river,near Postbridge,Devon

Towards the Clapper bridge

and looking in the other direction

Early in the morning before the hoards of coach parties arrived

Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    A bit closer to home.This is Coate Water country park in Swindon.It used to be home to poet/author Richard Jefferies.Controversially,the council want to build something like 10,000 homes and a university campus right nextdoor to it

In the winter it is a refuge for ducks and Swans.The diving board has been out of use for humans as long as I can remember but the birds love it

Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

Equipment
    Sony A65, A700
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    You know, I was thinking this should be easy. Nearly every shot I take is near water somewhere until.....I saw the first set of pics. Man, you guys are good!!!! I'll need to reach deep for this one.
    Sony A65, A700: DT 16-105mm, DT18-55mm, 50mm 1.8, 75-300mm Minolta, 35-80mm, 28-90mm macro
    "Live life to the fullest for tomorrow may never come."

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Great start everyone and thanks for the info - adds so much - ain't our world wonderful

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Wow, the sky in that first image is amazing, Yorkshireman.

Living in Shanghai, I don't often get to take pictures of serene or quiet bodies of water... so this is about the best countryside water shot I have. It is a lake in the grounds of Bromesberrow Place, near the border of three counties in the UK (Herefs, Worcs and Glocs).

This is more usual fare for me, unfortunately -- the Huangpu river in Shanghai:

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Heres another from me closer to home the lake at Newmillerdam which dates back 1285 when the area was known as New Mylle on Dam, taking its name from a corn mill that stood on the site. In the 1600's it became part of a big country estate the type of which you see all over England, the boathouse in the picture was built in the early 1800's and the lake and surrounding area is now a nature reserve and Country Park for everyone to enjoy.

•  
    Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links