*** Weekly Theme "Bodies of Water"

This is a discussion on *** Weekly Theme "Bodies of Water" within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; Heres another from me closer to home the lake at Newmillerdam which dates back 1285 when the area was known as New Mylle on Dam, ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Heres another from me closer to home the lake at Newmillerdam which dates back 1285 when the area was known as New Mylle on Dam, taking its name from a corn mill that stood on the site. In the 1600's it became part of a big country estate the type of which you see all over England, the boathouse in the picture was built in the early 1800's and the lake and surrounding area is now a nature reserve and Country Park for everyone to enjoy.

PHOTO EDITING OK

A lake at one of our local parks

Olympus E-30 & E-520 ~ 14-42mm ~ 50 - 200mm ~ OM 50mm f/1.8 ~ Sigma 18 - 50mm f2.8

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Here are two from my archive

p.s
    hello yorkshire man, too right m8 best county in the land
    Body Canon EOS 400D. Lenses.. Canon efs 18-55mm and zoom ef 90-300mm

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Amazing shots from everyone. I'm afraid my offerings are not so good, (taken before I found and learnt so much from this forum), but still the setting is beautiful.

The first are the recreated ships HMS Tecumseth with the HMS Bee tucked in behind it. These ships summer at Discovery Harbour, a restored and recreated British naval and military establishment in Penetanguishene Ontario that dates to early 1800s.

The next is the King's Wharf Theatre that sits adjacent to the dock area. The Blue building is the chandelry.

Marie

Marie
    Nikon D5000, Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm VR f/3.5-5.6,
    Nikkor AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I was told by a guy in the post office here that French Creek is officially classified a river and a few years ago was declared to be the 3rd cleanest river in the lower 48. With all the agriculture around it, I find that a little hard to believe... He said he SCUBAs in it and once saw a catfish about 6 feet long; I feel a bit skeptical about that too - I've never been able to see more than about 7 inches below the surface - but it makes a nice story :P

This is looking downstream, roughly southeast.

There's a stretch of bank with lots of exposed tree roots and animals' boroughs; I tried twice to take pictures in the evening but the light wasn't right. I'm going to have to get up before sunrise and see what the light's like in the morning.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    San Francisco bay a few years ago. Sea Lions are a protected species and when they moved onto the docks, the people had to move out.

The Atlantic Ocean from Assateague Island. There used to be beautiful sand dunes here but a hurricane leveled it. 20-second time exposure after the sun went down.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The pier at Saltburn, North York's. George wants some info - It's the North sea which has been there a fair while, it's salty and smells of fish .

How about bodies in water? Two surfers at Saltburn, see above.

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Edmund Blackadder

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Nice one Bob, I have a few to put up but can't upload pics to my image bank, it will just have to wait a short while. Some great images coming in

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hudson River from the NJ side.

Canon 40D 10-22mm 3.6-5.4, 100mm 2.8 macro, 70-200mm f/4 IS USM

If it is to be it is up to me!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    They're not visually beautiful - or even vaguely pretty - but potholes have a beauty in that they're created largely by forces of nature- freeze/thaw and erosion. These are in my driveway where underground water (there's a lot of that here) keeps it fairly wet and they're the first places to thaw.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links