POST YOUR WEEKLY THEME TOPIC IDEAS HERE

This is a discussion on POST YOUR WEEKLY THEME TOPIC IDEAS HERE within the Weekly Themes forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; DOF...

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: POST YOUR WEEKLY THEME TOPIC IDEAS HERE

PHOTO EDITING OK
    DOF
    Dave

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Canon 400D | Canon 70-200mm f/4L EF (USM)
    My Site - PhotographTalk

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    another one:

historic sites/sights

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Wild
    Dave

My Site - PhotographTalk

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Jen why not have a poll and we select out of the list for our next week. You could add all the new submissions to the next weeks poll dropping those that dont get any votes and adding on those that did get a vote the previous week. This way we could even get an indication what our next weeks theme will be so we have more time to capture shots for the following week while doing the current week
    Dave

My Site - PhotographTalk

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Children
    Dave

My Site - PhotographTalk

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Old
    Dave

My Site - PhotographTalk

Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I really want to thank you all for the suggestions. Please keep them coming as you think of more.

I still want to keep a reminder out there to make sure that what you are suggesting will have a wide range of responses available. Sometimes when I think of the theme I try to look back in my own archives to see what I have that I would be able to participate with. If I can only come up with 1 or two photos out of the million I've taken then I park the idea because I don't think it would work.

BUT, then on the other hand I've been thinking a lot about the fact that the weekly theme doesn't necessarily have to be something that creates 10 pages of responses. I guess it could also be a place where each person only adds a few (but a few GOOD entries!) What are your thoughts on that? Feel free to comment here.

Jen why not have a poll and we select out of the list for our next week. You could add all the new submissions to the next weeks poll dropping those that dont get any votes and adding on those that did get a vote the previous week. This way we could even get an indication what our next week’s theme will be so we have more time to capture shots for the following week while doing the current week
    Dave, thanks for the suggestion. Let me weigh it over because I don't want to confuse everyone with too much going at once. I worry about having...all at the same time...

the weekly theme
    the next week's weekly theme poll
    the pro perspectives challenge
    the contest voting

I just don't want too many different things going on (adding confusion) and I like to keep it all very simple. Not that I don't think you could all handle it!!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Jen, I know how challenging it must be to continually come up with themes each week. You always do a great job and I would like to think (hope) that not too much changes with the "Weekly Theme" thread. Perhaps by posting this input generating thread you will have gathered some ideas to generate themes for the upcoming weeks. And, if you should find yourself grasping for ideas in the future, perhaps you can toss up another thread such as this to aid in the brainstorming process.

While I am carrying on.........I think the forum is reaching a nice balance with the "Weekly Theme" and the new "Challenge" as well as the "Monthly Contest." In a sense, the forum provides "something for everyone."

I like the "Weekly Theme" being a place to feature nearly anything that even remotely relates to the current theme; a place to be creative and think outside the box in how an image relates to the theme; and a place where we can post both archieved images as well as images shot specifically for the theme.

The new "Challenge" thread balances out with encouraging us to get out and shoot NEW images for a specific challenge. How exciting and motivating! I know that frequently I am just screaming for inspiration. I think this Challenge area will help provide new sources for inspiration.

Even though I have never entered the "Monthly Contest" I think it provides yet one more serious and thought provoking challenge for photographers who are interested in putting up a piece knowing a "winner" will be selected.

All of the efforts of the moderators are greatly appreciated. We are indeed blessed to have such positive, caring, and talented folks guiding us through our photograph adventures. Thanks for all you (and the others) do!

Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Sue. I'm glad you like the balance of things here. I do to.

I won't be changing how the theme works, no worries. I think I will still make the decision on what the theme will be but with this thread I'll have some additional theme ideas.

Psssst Enter the monthly contest!!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    wondering
    Heather

My Blog

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links