de Havilland Mosquito

This is a discussion on de Havilland Mosquito within the Transportation forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Paul Allen's "Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum" in Everett, WA, held their annual "Skyfair" event today, and the main attraction was the first official ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

de Havilland Mosquito

Paul Allen's "Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum" in Everett, WA, held their annual "Skyfair" event today, and the main attraction was the first official public flight of their newly restored de Havilland Mosquito. The Mosquito was a jack-of-all-trades for the RAF during WWII, serving from 1942 through the end of the war as a light bomber, night fighter, photo-reconnaissance and maritime attack plane... not bad for an aircraft made almost entirely of wood! Most of the restoration and testing was done in New Zealand, and the plane was shipped to the museum in Everett for re-assembly and painting. It's painted in the RAF "night intruder" scheme of gray and olive topside, and flat black undersurfaces. The Mosquito is now a permanent part of FHCAM's collection, and is scheduled to fly again at their "European Theater Day" on August 26th.

Nice shots. I had an uncle who worked on the Mosquito at de Havilland in Toronto. An amazing beast.

cool shots
    Orlando Wedding Photographer William Arthur Photography

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links