Makes me sad

This is a discussion on Makes me sad within the Still Life forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Please let me know if you think this is a decent pic. (i'm a new at this). I stumbled across this on a nature path. ...

Thread: Makes me sad

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Please let me know if you think this is a decent pic. (i'm a new at this). I stumbled across this on a nature path. It's one of those exercise stations (that are never used! LOL)

1) "LOST"

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good eye. I like the story telling of this shot. Since you have photo editing ok I did a little edit on it. Straightened it a bit, darkened slightly and bumped the saturation. Then ran a little sharpening as I've come in the habit of doing.

-Laura-
    Digital: Olympus E-410- Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by WetBottom View Post
    Good eye. I like the story telling of this shot. Since you have photo editing ok I did a little edit on it. Straightened it a bit, darkened slightly and bumped the saturation. Then ran a little sharpening as I've come in the habit of doing.

Thanks. Good edits. (I really haven't learned how to do any of the post processing yet. Hope to soon)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I was in the same boat a few months ago. I'm still learning the post processing stuff... getting the shot is really only half the battle!

And since I've been thinking of black and whites a bunch tonight, I also wonder how this shot would work as a b/w conversion? May be worth a try.
    -Laura-
    Digital: Olympus E-410- Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by WetBottom View Post
    I was in the same boat a few months ago. I'm still learning the post processing stuff... getting the shot is really only half the battle!

And since I've been thinking of black and whites a bunch tonight, I also wonder how this shot would work as a b/w conversion? May be worth a try.

How about this? I looked at trying the B&W change in Picasa, but I noticed a different option called Sepia. (It looked like a more sad color that B&W so I tried it)

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links