The golf tournament

This is a discussion on The golf tournament within the Sports forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; ...

Proud Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Steve

Never complain, Never explain. Learn it, live it

Our blog
    Our website
    My gear list

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good timing Steve- I have yet to catch the ball in the frame despite several attempts.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Personally I think you could use a little faster shutter speed on the images, there's quite a bit of blur on the club and the ball. Would maybe also consider a different angle on the shots, its never really that much fun to look at peoples backs in the photos....

Although, golf is a difficult sport to photograph. If you take the pic from the front, you see the face but not where the ball is flying to... If you take it from the back, you don't see the face but you see where the ball is traveling to... tough choice

Would maybe also consider another composition to the images...

Proud Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I did not get to pick the spots to shoot from. Distracting the golfer is appearantly a cardinal sin.
    The tournament officials were very clear in what I could and could not do.

The shutter speed was more of a personal preference. I wanted to show the motion.
    Steve

Never complain, Never explain. Learn it, live it

Our blog
    Our website
    My gear list

I did not get to pick the spots to shoot from. Distracting the golfer is appearantly a cardinal sin.
    The tournament officials were very clear in what I could and could not do.

The shutter speed was more of a personal preference. I wanted to show the motion.
    Fair enough mate, and I bet the rules of where and how to photograph on a golf course can be quite strict...

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links