Looking for critique --- new skatepark just opened

This is a discussion on Looking for critique --- new skatepark just opened within the Sports forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; A new skatepark just opened here in Houston. Since I haven't shot any sports faster than bicyclists up to this point I figured I'd see ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    A new skatepark just opened here in Houston. Since I haven't shot any sports faster than bicyclists up to this point I figured I'd see what I could produce. I'm not thrilled with the graininess that having to go up to 800 ISO on some of the images produced. But I didn't want to blind these guys with a flash!!!

I'm looking for positive or negative feedback here. This is a first try on this type of subject.... flame away

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like the shots looks like you covered the subject well, I think the grain actually adds to the effect also, possibly leading to photo manipulation.
    BUY IT FROM OUR CAMERA STORE!

Nikon D200 came with 70-300 mm 1:4.5 lens......AF-S NIKKOR 17-55mm 1:2.8 (wide)......AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G
    Nikon D300 came with AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED 200-400 mm f/4 G IF
    Mamiya RB67 with 90mm f/3.5 180mm f/4.5

My flicker page

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I keep going back to #2 and #4. Hmmmmm.....I think that means they are my two favs!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I like the shots looks like you covered the subject well, I think the grain actually adds to the effect also, possibly leading to photo manipulation.
    Thanks, these were some of the better ones. It always amazes me how many photos I look at and think "why did I take I that one?" Only to whittle it down to a few good ones.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like the shots looks like you covered the subject well, [b]I think the grain actually adds to the effect also, possibly leading to photo manipulation.
    I have to agree..

I like them.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good shooting!

Yeah, me too- I get LOTS of out-takes. Thank goodness for digital.

It might be interesting to use a slower shutter speed and pan with the movement though that might be not very easy or maybe even not possible with this.

good job, i really liked number 2. although id suggest useing a flash i think.. or else get out there on a brighter day, becuase it looks either really cloudy, or later in the evening.

and if the guys got problems with a flash, just dont shoot them. im sure some of the guys would put up with a flash, if you tell them you'll send them a couple of the shots.

and thats if you know how to use the flash also. cause i myself am not even sure what sort of effect flash would have on these pics, but i do see them as being a little dark.

i think going out on a brighter day would lighten up every aspect. which would be cool.
    but useing a flash would only lighten up the dude skating, which also may turn out really cool aswell.
    "Swans aren't normally cyan. But again, it could just be my taste." -Charles

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I shoot my son and his friends alot at the skate park. On a sunny day, with that concrete you'll need to go to ISO 100 and a very fast shutter. I'm going to post two of my son for you to check out. The first was a very sunny day ISO 100 f5.6 1/500
    [attachmentid=18366]

[attachmentid=18367]
    The second is a very cloudy day ISO400 f8 1/500

Happy shooting

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Keith Baran

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links