It is rural...

This is a discussion on It is rural... within the Rural Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Hey everyone. This is my first post. Matter of fact, I just got my first DSLR on Thursday. I've been interested in photography for a ...

Thread: It is rural...

Hey everyone. This is my first post. Matter of fact, I just got my first DSLR on Thursday. I've been interested in photography for a while now and finally bought a camera. I am a super noob so I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions. I've been looking on this forum for a month or so and I love it. It is full of great stuff. Anyways, I went to a pistol shooting match this weekend and took my first few shots with my camera. I have a TON to learn! This is just a random shot I took and thought it was kind of cool. I want any and all suggestions and critiques. Thats why I'm here.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to Photoforum!

I agree but I'd say it's very cool. Good eye KH.

We all have a lot to learn; I've been here less than a year and I've learned a huge amount.

I think you could crop the left side just past the 1st large tree clump there, and increase the contrast. What editing program do you use?

Thanks. I just bought elements 6.0 tonight but havent used it yet. i just pulled the pic off of my camera and posted it. so tightening up the shot in the wall's favor would be better?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I definitely think so- you've got very strong leading lines leading to the cross-like thing, and then the eye stumbles confusedly to the other 2 things. According to what I see, if you lose the other 2 things, the picture acquires Wham.

Thanks marionet. heres just a simple crop.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    The cropped version looks a lot better. You should also consider returning to the location and snapping a few shots from the same position but focusing on different metal poles along the wall.

And Welcome to the forum!
    Acid Recruit (Adam)
    [Nikon D60 | Nikon 18-55mm | Nikon 70-300mm]

Thanks. Yeah Acid I would but its like 4.5 hrs away. maybe next year at the match again. I do need to shoot a handful of shots and hope to get 1 good one from now on

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Ouch, 4.5 hours may be a little bit of drive. Anyway, what i suggested is a good way to learn how to focus on any shot in the future. You start to learn what looks good this way. Well, that's what i was told.
    Acid Recruit (Adam)
    [Nikon D60 | Nikon 18-55mm | Nikon 70-300mm]

cool thanks for the advice.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links