Water mark

This is a discussion on Water mark within the Post-Processing forums, part of the Photography Tips category; I've seen alot of people using water marks for the sake of keeping people from stealing their photos. Can you not remove them using simple ...

Thread: Water mark

PHOTO EDITING OK

Water mark

I've seen alot of people using water marks for the sake of keeping people from stealing their photos. Can you not remove them using simple software or is it not that easy.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Depends on the watermark, where on the photo it is placed, and how important that area is.

You can also put copyright info in the metadata, as well as imbed an invisible watermark into the image itself that only you can see.
    Sick of all the spam and advertising. I'm done here.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    A watermark is intentionally hard to remove. Graphic design, digital art, and photography are valuable skills and the artists should be recognized and compensated for their time and their work. Digital signatures or digimarks, which are not always visible, but they prevent unauthorized use of a graphic. These types of digital watermarks are designed to be impossible to remove.

If you try to remove it, you are committing a crime called copyright infringement.The watermark is now part of the photo itself. You can use a photo editing tool to copy over the watermark.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    You can definitely remove watermark easily. But I use it more for brand recognition.

Equipment
    Fuji GFX 50s
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I've yet to see a watermark that I didn't think negatively impacted the image. Maybe if I were doing event photography or something like that, but most of the time... You don't see many photographers at the top of the game using watermarks. If you've got a recognizable style, it's all the the marketing you need. And as said above, you can embed your info in the meta data.

Equipment
    Canon
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I agree, a watermark takes away from the impact of an image. I think it is best to embed your name and copyright in the meta data of the image file and not worry about watermarking the images you post.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links