One click photo fix.

This is a discussion on One click photo fix. within the Post-Processing forums, part of the Photography Tips category; So yesterday my new Corel PaintShopPro Photo came... what a name... It's had really good reviews and while I've made it clear I'm not able ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    So yesterday my new Corel PaintShopPro Photo came... what a name... It's had really good reviews and while I've made it clear I'm not able to spend money on software I got this program for dirt cheap. So why not, right? Well of course after just a few hours I don't have an informed opinion. But one of the features I looked at was the 'one click photo fix', which sounds, well, too good to be true. One-click anything doesn't sound good. It would need 30 layers and cropping and exposure on different layers and stuff right? So of course I'm trying it, on its default settings, and here's what I have:

original

Full sized: http://tigerwriter.com/photos/photoforum/S...10911%20007.jpg

One click touch-up'd.

Full sized: http://tigerwriter.com/photos/photoforum/S...1%20007_new.jpg

I took this series bracketed at -.3, 1, and +.3 in order to HDR them expecting to get blown-out snow and undiscernable detail on what's left of the wall. This photo was the "1" of this set, neither under or overexposed, and with the "one click photo fix" looks IMO pretty darn good.

Ideas? Thoughts?
    I pack two things wherever I go: A gun and a camera. You probably don't want to end up in front of either one.

If you like me, like my facebook!

I absolutely Love PSP!!! I also have the newer version of photoshop but always go back to PSP.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks Amanda! It seems a lot of people do. You can score it new for $12 for the x2 previous version, that had much less complaints than the newer x3...so I thought why not right? I guess what I'm looking for here is "What's the catch!" This photo looks good, though I do see more noise on the full-sized version.
    I pack two things wherever I go: A gun and a camera. You probably don't want to end up in front of either one.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Pretty nice but I see some noise in the second one. One step processing can be very helpful!
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Yeah- I'm thinking HDR may still be in order for these, but I was pretty impressed with this little button.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Only problem I have with this one-click-touch-up is that the white balance seems a bit off in the edited photo.

When I look at the snow in the first one it seems correctly exposed but in the 2nd one it seems a bit blueish. Actually the sky coloring seems a bit off too in the 2nd one.
    ~Vinnie

The Black Dog's Photographer
    Minolta Maxxum 7D
    Fuji FinePix S7000
    Minolta x-700
    Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super B
    Seneca Folding Scout
    Holga 120N
    Polariod One Step

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks BD - I hadn't noticed that before. The first image is direct from the camera- I can see the subtle blue-hue change going on there.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    today seem to no longer ! very sorry for not being considered

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links