Sweet Effect, but needs a new name

This is a discussion on Sweet Effect, but needs a new name within the Post-Processing forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Ok, so a couple weekends ago I had to shoot a self portrait project for school. When I began editing them, I discovered a couple ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Ok, so a couple weekends ago I had to shoot a self portrait project for school. When I began editing them, I discovered a couple things in Photoshop that I didn't know I could do.
    So here's what you do, and you can do either part in any order you want. Like filter, then shadows and highlights, and visa versa.
    If you want to see the effect as you put in the settings, check Preview. I always do so I can see what I'm doing as I do it, less undoing that way. You can also play with the settings any way you want to, this is just what I did to my photos.

Part one: Image>Adjustments>Photo Filter>Select Sepia in the drop-down menu, set to 75% and check Preserve Luminosity.
    Part two: Image>Adjustments>Shadows and Highlights>Settings[if it's not checked already, check the Show More Options to get all the settings below. You can't do it without all the settings]:
    Shadows:
    Amount: 29, Tonal Width: 50, Radius: 91
    Highlights:
    Amount: 30, Tonal Width: 60, Radius: 44
    Adjustments:
    Color Correction: 10, Midtone Contrast: 40, Black Clip: 0.01, White Clip: 0.01
    And that's it! You may want to mess with the contrast and other settings to get what you want the end result you want, again this is what I did.
    Here is the before and after pics to show you:

The after I have edited more than this effect, which explains the little details made with brushes that we have at school. You can do whatever you want with your photos before and/or after you do this effect.
    Let me know if there is anything I could add or change about this tutorial. Also post some pics of your results so everyone can see what you can do with this!
    SONYian.
    Proud Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch owner!
    "My other camera is in a catalog."

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Very interesting. Almost like an antique effect. I'll have to try it when I get home
    bob's leben photography
    "Every time someone tells me how sharp my photos are, I assume that it isn't a very interesting photograph. If it were, they would have more to say. "

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Have you ever heard of the Florabella actions set? Search for it on Google.. I'm pretty sure you'll love it and be amused
    Stock Photographer working with 2K Stock Photo. http://www.2kstockphoto.info/

"There are only two kinds of freedom in the world; the freedom of the rich and powerful, and the freedom of the artist and the monk who renounces possessions" (Anais Nin)

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links