From BLAH to WOW

This is a discussion on From BLAH to WOW within the Post-Processing forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Ever taken a picture that you thought was going to be one of your "best ever" only to be disappointed when you downloaded the file ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Ever taken a picture that you thought was going to be one of your "best ever" only to be disappointed when you downloaded the file and looked at it on your monitor? I know I have.

What to do? One possibility is to see if it can be salvaged in post-processing. Sometimes amazing images can come from "not so great" originals.

So, I'm posting 2 such images here. Feel free to download them and add your artful post processing touches. There are NO rules. EVERYTHING is allowed. Crop, tone, convert, invert, tone map, saturate, hue change, sharpen, blur, filter, mask, cut, paste, add to, subtract from, etc. Whatever you think makes these images more appealing to a viewer. NO HOLDS BARRED! You can work on one or both. You're choice. Just be CREATIVE. AND there are NO wrong answers!

George: I know these two images are oversize, but I wanted to give everyone some images with enough data in them to give them more freedom and options in post processing.

EVERYONE: when you are done with your masterpiece, RESIZE your images to Photoforum standards. Otherwise, I will be confined to the Photofourm Virutal Brig.

Have at it, and good luck. Looking forward to an interesting gallery showing the creative minds and post processing skills of the Photoforum community.

[attachmentid=23396]

[attachmentid=23397]

Hub
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Fun, Hub! Thanks!

Here's one attempt:

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Way cool as my grandkids would say, Grandpa.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."

Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Not sure if I've made them better or worse but here's my take on them

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I'm sure someone will do a lot better, but I like this one.
    My equipment:
    Sony Alpha A350 w/BG-30AM Vertical Grip
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8
    Minolta AF 50mm f/1.7
    28mm f/2.8
    Sony HVL-F56 Flash
    Sony HVL-F36 Flash

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Nice interpretations. Luis there is no wrong answer and definitely nothing wrong in you fine work.

George, like what you did with the sky in the first image, and you've made the second picture a good stand alone, appealing work.

Nice post processing to both of you.

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Great idea Hub! I will play with it tomorrow when I get home. For now, this note is just to get me on the reply list!
    Elaine

www.elaineobrienphotography.com

My Favorite number of the alphabet is Purple!!!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    thanks Hub that was fun

JUST BE NICE THATS ALL.
    Richard Olson
    http://www.photographixms.com
    email photographix08@yahoo.com

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Now that's clever.

Well done.

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    .. My "Monitor", .. and the "MERRIMAC". :P

---> http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation...or-merrimac.htm

... ~ Don ~
    "Donalds Camera" (Nikon user) *
    ~ Take a picture, .. it'll last longer ~

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links