Resize photo for website

This is a discussion on Resize photo for website within the Post-Processing forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Hello again, What is the best way of Resizing photos to 600x480 for a website. Also keeping in mind i want to keep as much ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello again,

What is the best way of Resizing photos to 600x480 for a website.

Also keeping in mind i want to keep as much quality as poss.

PS I'm using Photoshop CS3?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    File >> Save for Web and Devices

You can resize and specify the quality.

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    picasa offers a nice export feature that allows for resizing to quite a few sizes and also lets you determine the quality you want kept in the images. It also lets you pop on a watermark if you want during this action.
    Its a free program and has lots of options for cropping and other stuff. May want to check it out, makes my life easier.

An Old Guy with a Photo Hobby
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I use photobucket to host my pics and do the resizing there. Since you are talking about keeping the quality level maintained I was wondering if photobucket does that satisfactorily? I`m such a novice and an amateur that I really don`t "see" very slight differences, but I have noticed that sometimes my post doesn`t look as good as I thought or as I see it in my files.
    "Some days I fail so quickly it makes my head spin around!" Agnes Comic Strip
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38470742@N08/

88 miles per hour!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I use MS Picture Manager that came with the computer! :-p When uploading I also make use of the resize option on most hosts.
    Nikon D40x | 18-55mm /3.5-5.6 | 55-200mm /4-5.6 | 35mm /1.8
    deviantART | Flickr

If your are a Photoshop user you can download my web resize and sharpen action from here....

http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2011/...-photoshop.html

It will resize based on the longest side of your image, so if you specifically want 600x480, you will need to ensure that your image is that particular size ratio to begin with.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Save for web is specially for that purpose so use that

Pictul gives you unlimited watermarking and resizing customization in seconds. Even if youre a Photoshop whiz, this is the easiest, fastest thing out there. Try it free here.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    There are many different programs available for manipulating photos. You may find one that has a tool do most of these steps by clicking one icon. If you have high quality photos, these may work fine. However, that program is not checking the results of the steps it takes.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    You will need to check each photo it manipulates to be sure that it hasn't over sharpened the photo or made it unusable in some other way, especially if the photos aren't professional quality.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links