Screen calibration

This is a discussion on Screen calibration within the Post-Processing forums, part of the Photography Tips category; One of the problems with sharing images online (and even selling them) is what looks good to you might look horrible to others. Without PRINTED ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    One of the problems with sharing images online (and even selling them) is what looks good to you might look horrible to others. Without PRINTED color calibration cards or a professional calibration kit it's really difficult to be sure the colors you see are correct.

Mostly, you can't correct your color space using web forums or other online resources, but, you can use online tools to adjust brightness / contrast. A lot of differences between what you see and what I see is because of differences in brightness / contrast, not in the actually colors. This chart, along with the instructions will help us all to see mostly the same thing. I encourage you to give it a try.

The calibration chart and instructions can be found at Adoniram's pageon devaintart.com. Maybe this will help
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links