My way of handling

This is a discussion on My way of handling within the Post-Processing forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Consequently I heard comments about the proceeding of my portraits. Therefore I show you my way of proceeding, from original till presentation on this site. ...

with heart and soul
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Consequently I heard comments about the proceeding of my portraits. Therefore I show you my way of proceeding, from original till presentation on this site. I hope you understand my style!

1. resized Original

2. Noise removal

3. Level Correction

4. Color Correction

5. Sharpened fc

6. Framed picture

7. Black white unframed

BUJIN

Occupation: Retired as Sports teacher and Grandmaster Martial Arts/Advertising Manager/Advisor
    Hobbys: Sports/Photographing/People
    Photo Equipment:
    Canon Eos 300 D/Canon Eos 30 D/Kidlens, EF-28-105/EF 28-135?EF 53-300/Canon Speedlites 550 EX/420EX/Polarisation Filters/70-200 4.0 USM IS.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Bujin rules state only 5 images per post, can you remove two and repost - I appreciate it breaks up the flow of the technique but rules are rules.

I also think this ought to be moved across to Photography Tips where I think it is better suited.

with heart and soul
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    At first you are right about the rules

Second, this topic ought to be at portraits, thean I react at comments on my portrait pictures about to much proceeding, therefore I try to make clear, that the criticasters are wrong!
    Third, by dividing the pictures into two topics, one cannot follow the proceedings exactly!
    But international laws said, that there must be options to break the rules
    Fourth, I like this site and therefore I try to help the members!

Bujin
    Occupation: Retired as Sports teacher and Grandmaster Martial Arts/Advertising Manager/Advisor
    Hobbys: Sports/Photographing/People
    Photo Equipment:
    Canon Eos 300 D/Canon Eos 30 D/Kidlens, EF-28-105/EF 28-135?EF 53-300/Canon Speedlites 550 EX/420EX/Polarisation Filters/70-200 4.0 USM IS.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Ease up on the noise removal and sharpening.

Your noise removal is WAY too strong in my opinion.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Ease up on the noise removal and sharpening.

Your noise removal is WAY too strong in my opinion.
    I agree. Freckles are pretty, and that's what she's got. You don't want to take away from who she really is or how she really looks.

Also, are you normally saving after each step? I know you did here to show us. But if you do that can break apart the fragments and screw with the end result. Try to do all your editing at once and only do one save.
    ~*!erin!*~
    website
    flickr
    jpg
    Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6
    Canon EF 35-80mm f/1:4-5.6

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Very nice indeed, different style yes but nice!
    My Gallery

Nikon D700,D80
    35-70 f/2.8
    85MM 1.4
    60MM 2.8 AF-S Micro
    18-200VR
    50MM 1.8
    SB800
    CNX2

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I pretty much prefer the warmer pic -- last one before adjusting color temperature. Much warmer, much richer, much better, in my humble opinion
    Stock Photographer working with 2K Stock Photo. http://www.2kstockphoto.info/

"There are only two kinds of freedom in the world; the freedom of the rich and powerful, and the freedom of the artist and the monk who renounces possessions" (Anais Nin)

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k Stock Photo View Post
    I pretty much prefer the warmer pic -- last one before adjusting color temperature. Much warmer, much richer, much better, in my humble opinion
    i'm sure the OP has learned and changed his workflow accordingly in the past two years.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links