Scan of old photo

This is a discussion on Scan of old photo within the Photoshop Playground forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; Just decided to throw this one into the playfield this is a scan of a picture of my parents, The picture is close to 32 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Scan of old photo

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Just decided to throw this one into the playfield this is a scan of a picture of my parents, The picture is close to 32 years old what i did was auto tone, auto color, and auto contrast.. I will probably bring the original back when i locate it (Tons of pictures) just want to see what other photoshop minds can do. The picture was badly yellowed and aged before i autoed it in photoshop.

I am not one to judge (iNooB), My comments are usually random but i do mean well.

Nikon owneR

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Just a crop and remove some odd dots that distract the eye ...... and add a frame ..... scaled it up - then sharpened a tad .....

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Looks good but i still look at the picture and see the clowns in the back ground, I think is one of the distracting things i am kinda drawn into looking at them.. I think they may be evil or something..
    I am not one to judge (iNooB), My comments are usually random but i do mean well.

Nikon owneR

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Never was that keen on clowns myself .... do not like those faces looking at me ...... watched too many horror films maybe ......

Here is one without the Clowns ....

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Those are great Keith!

This was more a playful edit involving frames while toying some with the image. May return to it
    again later for something a bit more focused... :^)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Cheers Stephen .....

I like the repetitive mirror effect ...... that could have gone on forever ......

You seem to be holding back on the edits is everything ok ..... how are the houses coming on .....

I went through a spell where I lost interest and was doing other things .... possibly go like that again once the good weather
    arrives ......

Hope alls well anyhow ..... Keith .....

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hey Keith I'm doing good on this end.... :^) I just have so many irons in the fire that
    I'm having to triage my time. Part of it, is in this having to jump back and forth from one end of Washington state
    to the other for work.... may have to bring that to an end sometime this year but for the time-being it's still
    helping-out financially.

I've also started a new web site recently ( http://washawaybeach.net ) based on some really bizarre stuff going on about
    20 minutes from our home on the western side of the state. I've managed to rough-out the website but still need to get in and
    fill in the blanks. I'm running back and forth (at least once a week) to this area taking pictures of this accelerated erosion event. It's
    essentially a small community being engulfed by the ocean. Sometimes not much will happen for a couple of weeks and then almost
    over night 20-30 feet will erode at one time! Really really bizarre...!

As to image editing it would seem that I'm hopelessly addicted! So my participation may wax and wain, but I simply couldn't imagine not
    playing along in some way!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Interesting website .... Stephen

A similar thing happened back in the UK ..... a place called Scarborough ...... the cliffs started to fall into the water

A hotel fell in too ....but the local council did some work and put loads of concrete bollards in the water to change the flow .....

This seemed to stop it getting any worse - check out the shapes of the blocks they used ........ Link

Not a cheap option though ..... they put aside 8 million pounds to do the work needed ...... link

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Those are great creative ideas on the photos guys, The one with the mirror effect thats a lot more then i would have thought of. Not bad for a 30+ year old picture i have someone others with sharper focus i am going on a hunt for some images. I have one that is a shot of myself when i was a kid that everyone in the family loves. It one of those shots that you need to be in the right place and the right time. I may pull the box out and scan again in a much much higher resolution its fairly sharp but i am sure its not as good as it could be since my parents always had the cheap 35 mm point and shoots and disposable's.

Those ones you did are great, As for the clowns yeah they are not the greatest thing to have in the photos i do not have a fear for clowns but they are not the nicest looking thing to be images in my mind. I will have some more play images up as soon as i find the images on disk or re scan i will actually post those ones with absolutely no edits done to them just scan and post.

Nikon owneR

PHOTO EDITING OK
    A number of basic corrections and then a run through Pixel Bender using the Stereographics module... and then through
    a painting filter.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links