Photography Contests

This is a discussion on Photography Contests within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hello everyone, Lately I've been finding a lot of photography contests online and have even won one of them. But I thought I would share ...

Hello everyone,

Lately I've been finding a lot of photography contests online and have even won one of them. But I thought I would share because they're an easy way to win some money of equipment, so here is a short list of some sites that I've found:

May the Best Photo Win - A new site that is based off of visitor votes, free to enter and has a $40 cash prize
    Pop Photo - Has a few different themed categories and different prizes
    Shutterbug - Sometimes has contests that usually have a lens as a prize
    DPMag - Has different categories and prizes
    Digital Photo Pro - Again has a few different contests and prizes

I encourage you all to enter any of these because who knows, you may take home a cool prize!
    Cincinnati, OH based photographer who created the photography contest May the Best Photo Win.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Just a tiny whiff of spam here- moegly designed at least one of these websites... But even to my jaundiced eye, all 5 listed here are legitimate and above-board, and at least 3 of the sites are well-known and respected.

Contests can be fun!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks for the Photo Contest event list
    SOS Online Backup - Award Winning Online Backup Solution - PC Mag Editors Choice & Recommended by NY Times

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Be careful of the ones that say they're publishing a book of all the winners and lo and behold, you won, and would you like to buy a book with your photo in it? It's a gimmick making money off people's pride. Not saying one of those is like that because I don't know but I have see other ones that do.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Notes to the contest like

PHOTO EDITING OK
    agrre ! it was really good

ipm
    Equipment
    various
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    just need to be careful, contests can also just be for the organisers to make money, especially if you have to pay to enter.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links