Amateurs.. You have been SPOTTED!!!

This is a discussion on Amateurs.. You have been SPOTTED!!! within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Keep in mind that Ken makes darn good money off his website. The more people that visit his site, the more the advertisers pay to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Proud Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Keep in mind that Ken makes darn good money off his website. The more people that visit his site, the more the advertisers pay to be on it. These kinds of posts get plastered on all the online forums and thus drive thousands of people to his site. You are doing the work for him.
    Whether he is right, wrong or otherwise is really beside the point. He has mastered the art of driving people to his site, and for that I give him all the credit in the world.

Now onto his statements.

Backpack

I love my backpack, but it only goes to the job. I hate carrying the thing and you will never see it on my back.

Carrying too much stuff

I pack like I am never coming home again. Yet, I am never unable to complete the shoot. If a lens, flash, camera, or anything else breaks, I am covered. Commercial clients don't take excuses.

Polarizer over UV filter, or polarizer used all the time

I am not a fan of the polarizer filter either, but what pro worries about the filter on the camera of someone else?

Midrange zoom

Please, a real pro has whatever tool necessary to do the job.

Camera worn directly over the neck

I am definitely not a fan of wearing the camera around the neck (unless it is the back up camera). More often than not I have it slung over my shoulder, but whatever works.

Clean gear

I don't get this one...

New DSLR

Depends on what new gear is available? Let the new D4 have the features that I want, and I will be in the line to pick one up.

Lens caps and cap keepers

People keep lens caps?

Using a tripod in daylight

Under very certain conditions I can see this. The rest of the time, yeah I have to agree with Ken on this one.

LCD magnifier

What the heck is a LCD magnifier?

Beepers

100% agree with this one. You darn well better be legally blind to be using a beep.

Camera brand strap showing logo

Well I personally think that these are the most uncomfortable straps available, but I could give a rat's butt what strap is on someones camera.

Hood on backwards

Yeah, don't really see the point on this one.

Tripods, fast lenses and high ISOs

Again, under very certain situations this may or may not apply. I am more of a fan of a monopod because I often lug the big glass.
    Steve

Never complain, Never explain. Learn it, live it

Our blog
    Our website
    My gear list

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Way to go Ken, make fun of your target audience!
    Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Edmund Blackadder

Shpongled
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Way to go Ken, make fun of your target audience!
    ditto
    ------------------------
    Nikon D200
    Tamron 17-50mm VC
    Sigma 10-20mm
    SB-600 + Gary Fong Lightsphere
    Phottix Plato Wireless Remote

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links