ArtPrize

This is a discussion on ArtPrize within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; For the past several weeks, pamphlets have circulating the greater Grand Rapids area informing the community that a announcement that could transform the city will ...

Thread: ArtPrize

PHOTO EDITING OK
    For the past several weeks, pamphlets have circulating the greater Grand Rapids area informing the community that a announcement that could transform the city will be made on Thursday, April 23rd. As time went by many speculations about the announcement were also circulating the greater Grand Rapids area; some thought a film studio would be opening and others thought new industry and along with it jobs would be created in the city, just to mention a couple.

Well, today the announcement was made. Grand Rapids, Michigan will be hosting the worlds largest art competition this fall. Total prize money will surpass $400,000 and the 1st place winner will walk away with $250,000. The idea behind the competition is simple: invite artists to showcase their work and select the best of the best to win cash. However, ArtPrize, the name of the event, is different than other art competitions in several ways. First, any artist is invited to participate, young, old, novice, master, unknown, and famous. Second, the judges are you and me and everybody. Anybody that views the artwork displayed is welcome to cast a vote. Thirdly, the city itself is the venue. Okay, well a large portion of the city center. Artwork will be displayed anywhere artists and private property owners agree to display it.

For more information check out the website or the press release. There is also a 60 second advertisement available on YouTube. If you have any questions and don't feel like reading the press release/website, ask away and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

If anybody decides to enter, let us all know and those of us in the area will go and take a look. Atleast I'm sure those of us in the area will go and take a look!
    Acid Recruit (Adam)
    [Nikon D60 | Nikon 18-55mm | Nikon 70-300mm]

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Very interesting idea - hope it is successful. Post some pictures of the entries and the venues as the works come in.
    John B

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links