New Nikon D5000

This is a discussion on New Nikon D5000 within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Click...

Thread: New Nikon D5000

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Dane got an email a couple of days ago on this - it is going to cost £100 more here than the D90, - not sure where they are going with it or what their target market is, I mean it does give a pont and shoot D-SLR with loads of presets which I always feel are a waste of time anyway and then when you get fed up with those you have a normal D-SLR loke the D90 with a swivel screen - hope someone can explain to me.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Strange... looks like about 20% LESS than a D90 here. I figured it was in between the D60 and D90 based on the price, but I didn't take the time to look closely at the specs. I'll figure there'll be plenty of reviews soon enough.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    If one wants one to shoot video too??? At least it's shoots in .avi mode which is compatible with most DVD players these days without timely conversion...
    Movie :
    Image size (pixels) 1,280 x 720/24 fps, 640 x 424/24 fps, 320 x 216/24 fps
    File format AVI
    Compression format Motion-JPEG, with monaural sound
    Specs .pdf file >>>> D5000 Specs

Rob
    Nikon D300 & D70 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon 18-70mm | Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300mm VR
    Olympus EVOLT E-500 | Zuiko 14-45mm | Zuiko 40-150mm | OM - 4/3 adapter | Assorted OM lenses
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8

Proud Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Seems like a direct competitor to the D90. Not sure of the logic of Nikon this past year. They hit a couple of home runs, then released competing models with price points jumping all over the place.
    Steve

Never complain, Never explain. Learn it, live it

Our blog
    Our website
    My gear list

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I must admit I am confused by it - even more when its priced here £100 dearer than the D90 for the body only at £719 for another £200/£300 I would go for the D300.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thank you for the great information. I like Nikon is best camera.
    Does Nikon D5000 is better than D90? I will buy Nikon D___?? at tomorrow.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links