The Portland Metro Photographic News

This is a discussion on The Portland Metro Photographic News within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Just thought I'd let everyone see what's been consuming my time for the past couple of months. Today I launched the Portland Metro Photographic News ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Just thought I'd let everyone see what's been consuming my time for the past couple of months.

Today I launched the Portland Metro Photographic News website (April 1st -- no foolin'). The site serves the photographic community of Oregon and Southwest Washington. It is designed to be a core resource for all those interested in photography of all skill levels. It is also designed to be regional in nature.

The site's content is beginning to grow along with area interest. I realize this site will be of limited value to those outside the northwest photographic community, but I thought you might enjoy. The Visitor's Photo Guide section of the e-publication will interest anyone who is contemplating a photo excursion to the great northwest U.S. As it grows, this section will allow visitors to plan their trips and include the most important photographic locations in Oregon and Washington. (Some images in this section have been generously donated by Photoforum members.)

All my Hub's Photo Educational Blogs have been and remain free. The Portland Metro Photographic News is my first commercial Internet venture. Hope you enjoy. If you have any comments, feel free to pass them along. Always looking for ways of improving the site and supporting the photographic community.

So, this is why you have heard less from me recently on the Photoforum. (That may be a good thing anyway.)

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Congrats, Hub! Good luck with it.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Tom - well done! Good luck!
    Admin

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Great idea Hub - lot of work but hopefully rewarding

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hope the new venture is very successful - it really offers a lot for photographers living in your area.
    John B

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I am moving to Portland! I looked at your website and it works, and is very nice! Do you do that stuff yourself? Job well done!
    BUY IT FROM OUR CAMERA STORE!

Nikon D200 came with 70-300 mm 1:4.5 lens......AF-S NIKKOR 17-55mm 1:2.8 (wide)......AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G
    Nikon D300 came with AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED 200-400 mm f/4 G IF
    Mamiya RB67 with 90mm f/3.5 180mm f/4.5

My flicker page

PHOTO EDITING OK
    AKD200,

Thanks for the kind words. I sure you would be welcome with open arms in Portland. It definitely has a rich and active photographic and artistic community.

Yes, the work is my own although people are now starting to volunteer articles and information. It will take a while, but it should become an important publication for the local photo community.

My thanks to everyone else as well. Pass the word along. Be fun to watch grow over the next several months.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Impressive! Wishing you much luck and success with this venture. Should be a valuable resource.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links