What is the best Imaging/Photography tradeshow or convention for you?

This is a discussion on What is the best Imaging/Photography tradeshow or convention for you? within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hey guys, I love attending trade show and convention for photographers because I learn a lot form different techniques and new products and I would ...

Hey guys, I love attending trade show and convention for photographers because I learn a lot form different techniques and new products and I would like to know the different trade shows and conventions you attend to.
    I just attended WPPI 2009 in Las Vegas and Photokina 2008 in Cologne, Germany last year.
    Any other suggetions?

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Edward,

Without a doubt the most significant photo show/convention in the U.S. is Photo Plus Expo held in New York's Javits Center each November. It is directly targeted to the photographer and is attended by virtually every manufacturer with an attendenance of about 50,000 over three days. Seminars and lectures are given continually by some of the most prestigious photographers from around the world. And PPE is the site of the majority of the new product announcement in the U.S.

PPE is certainly at the top of my U.S. "must attend" events. PMA that take place this week in Vegas would fall just below PPE.

Hope this helps.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links