Ian Spanier inducted into Hub's Rising Stars of Photography

This is a discussion on Ian Spanier inducted into Hub's Rising Stars of Photography within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; If you have been following the Hub's Rising Stars of Photography , you will be pleased to hear that the latest inductee was announced today, ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    If you have been following the Hub's Rising Stars of Photography, you will be pleased to hear that the latest inductee was announced today, Ian Spanier.

[attachmentid=22201]

When you get the opportunity visit the site and learn about Ian Spanier as well as all the other recent Rising Stars introductions. Their images are stunning, and the stories behind their budding photographic careers are illuminating. Their devotion to photography is inspiring. Their imagination and mastery of the photographic art has set a high benchmark for future Rising Stars of Photography.

Any Photoforum members beginning their professional photographic careers who believe their portfolio and achievements warrant Rising Star consideration are invited to contact me for an application and project information at: hub@hubbardcamera.com The Rising Star panel of jurors meets monthly to evaluate applications and submitted portfolios.

[attachmentid=22202]

There is no cost associated with Hub's Rising Stars of Photography. The project exists solely to provide a public stage for promoting the art and work of today's most promising emerging photographers.

Hub
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

hey hub, whats it take to get on this list?

im sure i dont got it, after looking at some of the photo from this guy, and others that we inducted.. but with work, who knows.

(EDIT) nevermind, i did a little more reading. dang these people are good.

Congratulations to Ian.
    "Swans aren't normally cyan. But again, it could just be my taste." -Charles

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Ah to dream
    MIKE

Ah to dream
    lol, ahh to have more money.

im in no way trying to downplay what's being accomplished here. but i see very expensive cameras in alot of peoples hands, i see very expensive glass, i see them traveling far and wide.. i set tons of light equipement. and very cool oportunity shots.

i know these people are good, and yes there are some things money can't buy.. but i think alot of these people have alot of opportunity handed to them, alot of money, and alot of time.

Me myself, I work 10 hours a day (nothing to do with photography or art at all). and even after all that i still dont have enough money to get any of the equipment i want. (rent, grocerys, bills, living stuff.) or really the time. (i squeeze as much photography as i can in).

anyways, im sure alot of people here will be dissapointed with what im saying here, but I am in no way downplaying what these people are accomplishing.. i think they are fantastic photographers. I guess im more ranting about the fact that im annoyed with my own situation.

Im an underdog kinda guy, my teams are underdogs, my racers are underdogs.. im rooting for a guy with a cheap camera in his hands (and trying to make myself that guy :P ) of course not for this contest although that would be nice, just in general. My camera is alright d70s, can't tell you how hard it was to save for that.

and im sure there are lots of people who have come from very little and made it big, and those people and stories are incredible.

whatever, ignore me, but ill be on here posting pictures, please comment on them, criticise them, and tear them apart.

I have alot to learn.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I really agree with the concept of the better equipment, the odds go up that the shot is as good as the equipment, but it sort of falls off when you set a typewriter down in the jungle and wait to see how long it will take for a book like The Invisible Pyramid by Loren Eiseley. or a Jane and Dick book to be published by the local monkeys.

I just met a Pro by the name of Jasper James, and he showed me his new 600mm Nikon lens and he told me that three shots he took with this lens paid for the lens. So you shoot a neighbors birthday party, and get a filter, shoot a high school senior picture and get a nifty fifty! It is the same with racers, those underdogs who stop smoking and put that money into new tires or something, eventually something is going to come out of persistence. There are several members who in the time I have been bugging the forum went from wondering if they should quit their job and go for the brass ring, to wondering if they should hire a assistant. If you shoot like crap like I did last night (had a long talk with myself already) it wont happen equipment or not.
    BUY IT FROM OUR CAMERA STORE!

Nikon D200 came with 70-300 mm 1:4.5 lens......AF-S NIKKOR 17-55mm 1:2.8 (wide)......AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G
    Nikon D300 came with AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED 200-400 mm f/4 G IF
    Mamiya RB67 with 90mm f/3.5 180mm f/4.5

My flicker page

whatd you shoot last night that was so crap?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Most of it was! I did manage to get a few good ones in and that is what you saw, but I shot many many shots that had problems with not paying attention to details. Many of the shots were blurred. I should have used a tripod, and a shutter release. Not watching the background to see problems, bad focusing! Part of the problem was using a new camera and have not read the manual yet (fixed that) and I had lights, second time for that!

My first time I shot eagles I shot several hundred pictures, NONE of them came out, except the ones that they were perched on a branch, the second time was better, the third week better yet, next Sunday I hope to have a cracking day.

Anyone posts pictures that are some of their best, everyone has throwaways. It is like throwing darts, the more I practice the luckier I get!
    BUY IT FROM OUR CAMERA STORE!

Nikon D200 came with 70-300 mm 1:4.5 lens......AF-S NIKKOR 17-55mm 1:2.8 (wide)......AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G
    Nikon D300 came with AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED 200-400 mm f/4 G IF
    Mamiya RB67 with 90mm f/3.5 180mm f/4.5

My flicker page

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links