Canon EOS 5D Mark II

This is a discussion on Canon EOS 5D Mark II within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; The much anticipated Canon EOS 5D Mark II has been announced "Canon's update to the wildly popular full frame EOS 5D is here, and it's ...

Photographer of sorts
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The much anticipated Canon EOS 5D Mark II has been announced

"Canon's update to the wildly popular full frame EOS 5D is here, and it's better than ever. The EOS 5D Mark II has a stunning 21.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor, a vast ISO Range of 100-6400 (expandable to ISO L: 50, H1: 12800 and H2: 25600), plus EOS technologies like Auto Lighting Optimizer and Peripheral Illumination Correction. It supports Live View shooting, Live View HD videos, and more. It can shoot up to 3.9 fps, has 9 AF points plus 6 AF assist points, a new 98% coverage viewfinder, a 3.0-inch Clear View LCD (920,000 dots/VGA) and a rugged build. Full-frame shooters rejoice!"

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...p;modelid=17662

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I saw the line that said "price reflects body only" but I didn't see the price? How much?

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    "Pricing and Availability
    The Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital SLR camera is compatible with Canon EF lenses and is scheduled for delivery by the end of November. The EOS 5D Mark II will be sold in a body-only configuration at an estimated retail price of $2,699. It will additionally be offered in a kit version with Canon's EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM zoom lens at an estimated retail price of $3,499"

Info is second-hand but from a usually reliable source
    John B

PHOTO EDITING OK
    5D with video
    50D no video

5D is more pro. The video should be for 50D

Canon EOS 5D Mark II: 21MP and HD Movies

Photographer of sorts
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

5D is more pro.
    What on earth gives you that idea?

The 5D is Canon's amateur full frame body. The 5D (or 5D II) is as much the amateur version of the EOS 1Ds Mark III as the 50D is amateur version of the EOS 1D Mark III. It all depends on your application. I could possibly live with the EOS 50D for what I shoot but the 5D (5D Mark II) would be as much use as a chocolate fire-guard to me.

Actually, Some film users who have been playing with the prototypes are really impressed with the MkII's video capabilities, so much so that they say it outperforms certain other expensive dedicated video cameras.

http://www.slashgear.com/canon-5d-mark-ii-...ipment-2116819/

I must say that's damn impressive. But for me? I think it's a be great addition to the camera line - as long as it doesn't take anything away. And, as far as I can tell - it doesn't!

Heck, you can even take pictures while recording video.

I must say, I just bought a new camera and i wish I waited a couple months. the MkII definatly looks interesting.

by the way, A direct link to the video is here.

Finally I can afford a 5d MkI!
    Canon Rebel 400D/XTi, EF-S18-55mm, EF 70-300mm IS USM, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, EF-S 10-22mm, Speedlight 430EX II

Photographer of sorts
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Finally I can afford a 5d MkI!
    Go for it, it is still a very nice camera. Don't forget to budget to replace your EF-S 18-55mm while you're at it, though. EF-S lenses don't work on the 5D.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    you wanted the price...............

the 5D mark II is £1999.99 with free 8Gb CF card

whereas the 50D body is £999.99

its from yastronics.co.uk

but other retailers also selling for around the same price

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links