National Geographic launches International Photography Contest 2008

This is a discussion on National Geographic launches International Photography Contest 2008 within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Link...

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Admin

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks MOD - we can but hope

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Cool.
    The only thing I don't know is what the photograph should be of.
    Like general "National Geographic content"? :P
    - Damage Inc. / MicHaeL
    PS: Excuse my sometimes long signatures, I just try to be specific and detailed.

EquipmentDigital: Previously Canon PowerShot A520 (2004 / 4MP) - Currently Canon PowerShot SX100 IS (2007 / 8MP)Film: Might be trying an old Olympus Trip 35 (still...)Printer: Canon PIXMA iP5000 DeskInkJet - HP A826 PhotoprinterScanner: Epson Perfection 3590 PHOTOAccessories: SanDisk Extreme III SDHC [4GB] / Canon PSC-100 / Canon NB4-300

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Cool.
    People, Places and Nature.
    Tips here
    My equipment:
    Sony Alpha A350 w/BG-30AM Vertical Grip
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8
    Minolta AF 50mm f/1.7
    28mm f/2.8
    Sony HVL-F56 Flash
    Sony HVL-F36 Flash

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Cool.
    People, Places and Nature.
    Tips here
    [/quote]

Aha, thanks.
    - Damage Inc. / MicHaeL
    PS: Excuse my sometimes long signatures, I just try to be specific and detailed.

EquipmentDigital: Previously Canon PowerShot A520 (2004 / 4MP) - Currently Canon PowerShot SX100 IS (2007 / 8MP)Film: Might be trying an old Olympus Trip 35 (still...)Printer: Canon PIXMA iP5000 DeskInkJet - HP A826 PhotoprinterScanner: Epson Perfection 3590 PHOTOAccessories: SanDisk Extreme III SDHC [4GB] / Canon PSC-100 / Canon NB4-300

im pretty sure i dont have what it takes yet.
    "Swans aren't normally cyan. But again, it could just be my taste." -Charles

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    im pretty sure i dont have what it takes yet.
    You never know, it wouldn't hurt trying.
    All you need is some creativity and a good idea.
    - Damage Inc. / MicHaeL

PHOTO EDITING OK
    lINK TO MY NAT GEO CHALLANGE

I obviously have a strong opinion on entering in the National Geographic contest, and what I find hard to understand is why people think that they are not "worthy" to submit to the contest. Yes the photographs are good in the mag and online, and they are good issue after issue, but you are not applying for a job at Nat Geo, and ALL of you have shots worthy of consideration to the event. You are allowed 6 entries and all it costs is to register with them. I posted the above link and as usual could not get my idea across that EVERYBODY post a shot you might consider to the contest and people could comment if they think you should or should not. Consider it as a pre submission site. I challenge everyone to enter six photos to the contest! Any one who came in the top five in the photo contest is a good start! Lets see someone from here take first!
    BUY IT FROM OUR CAMERA STORE!

Nikon D200 came with 70-300 mm 1:4.5 lens......AF-S NIKKOR 17-55mm 1:2.8 (wide)......AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G
    Nikon D300 came with AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED 200-400 mm f/4 G IF
    Mamiya RB67 with 90mm f/3.5 180mm f/4.5

My flicker page

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    In keeping with who I am, I was disappointed when I read the contest rules. For one, they are not very clear about what the prize is; a digital dSLR kit. That could be anywhere from a D40X to D700 and beyond. And given NG's close relationship with Nikon, I'ld expect it to be a Nikon.

But what I like even less is that by entering the contest you give NG a non-exclusive perpetual license to the ALL submitted images. It says they can publish the images in the magazine, online, or any way they want. They could even come out with a line of posters using you image.

So you give them all rights and they play cagey with what the prize is going to be. If I'm going to give up my rights, I want to know the prize is worthwhile. And, by-the-way I already have a reasonably good dSLR, why would I want to win one?

Charles Lupica

BTW: nearly all the images that won last year had a tie to China in some way; both the English language version and the international. I was disappointed that there didn't seem to be a wide range of imagery.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links