Your photography rights

This is a discussion on Your photography rights within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; The law in the United States of America is pretty simple. You are allowed to photograph anything with the following exceptions.. more...

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    The law in the United States of America is pretty simple. You are allowed to photograph anything with the following exceptions..more
    Admin

Interesting article but you better read the PDF file that is linked. It has a little more detail. There are a couple of good books on the subject I would suggest reading also.
    To make a difference in someones day or life, just be nice.

IAFF L-726

I'm kind of familiar with this stuff.

I think things start to get complicated when you try and make money of a photograph. Public buildings and such are open game, but if you single out some person for a candid portrait and then try and sell it you might bump up agains some barriers.

Things are a little stricter up here in the Great White North, but I'm pretty sure that you need a person's permission to use an image of them commercially.

I really don't know what the rules are when you are selling photos as art rather than journalism. Does anyone know?
    "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea."

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I'm kind of familiar with this stuff.

I think things start to get complicated when you try and make money of a photograph. Public buildings and such are open game, but if you single out some person for a candid portrait and then try and sell it you might bump up agains some barriers.

Things are a little stricter up here in the Great White North, but I'm pretty sure that you need a person's permission to use an image of them commercially.

I really don't know what the rules are when you are selling photos as art rather than journalism. Does anyone know?
    Just looked at your "My Gallery" Terrific photo's
    Looks Like we are both living in B.C., if you find anything out ....please share as I don't have a clue what the regulations are here
    Just cruzin to the viewing

Just looked at your "My Gallery" Terrific photo's
    Looks Like we are both living in B.C., if you find anything out ....please share as I don't have a clue what the regulations are here
    Actually my body is in Montreal these days, but my heart and sould will always live in B.C.

I will try and keep you posted if I find out anything regarding our rights as Canucks.

Thanks for checking out my gallery. I'll do the same once I am finished writing this.
    "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea."

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links