Cambridge Who's Who

This is a discussion on Cambridge Who's Who within the Photography News and Views forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Ok, so I received this (snail) mail (it was sent on Decemeber 15th, 2007).. Dear Christina, It is my pleasure to inform you that you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Ok, so I received this (snail) mail (it was sent on Decemeber 15th, 2007)..

Dear Christina,
    It is my pleasure to inform you that you are being considered for inclusion into the 2007/2008 Cambridge Who's Who among Executive and Professional Women "Honors Edition" of the Registry.

The 2007/2008 edition of the Registry will include biographies of our country's most accomplished women. Recognition of this kind is an honor shared by thousands of executive and professional women throughout America each year. Inclusion is considered by many as the single highest mark of achievement.

Upon final confirmation, you will be listed among thousands of accomplished women in the Cambridge Who's Who Registry.

For accuracy and publication deadlines, please complete your application form and return it to us at the earlies opportunity. For your convenience, an online form is also available at www.cambridgewhoswho.com/onlineapp. There is no cost to be included in the registry.
    On behalf of the Managing Director, we wish you continued success.

Sincerely,

M. Foster
    Editor in Chief

My question is has anyone ever gotten something like this? I admit, I'm flattered, but then I start thinking of all the other online scams they have for photographers like picture.com so I start wondering if it's real. Has anyone (especially the other women here) else received something like this?

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Admin

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks MOD, I had a feeling it was another scam...kind of amusing though, the effort they went through to make it look real (a really nice letterhead and the card to fill out is a really nice matte card stock)
    What the H-E-Double hockey sticks does someone do, just sit around and think of ways to scam us poor artists? LOL

Thanks again!

lol
    So Far, So Good
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I would steer clear of this. It's spam + vanity publishing...you probably received it because you signed up for something somewhere and they got your info like that.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Yeah, I realize that now, I know when I first switched to digital, I fell for the picture.com site, had a crappy image published (it was bad, especially looking at it now) so now I'm paranoid that everything sent to me is a scam....guess it's good to be skeptical! Thanks lol!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Chrissy I posted an image years ago and get all sorts of crap from different sources - they flatter you then suck you in and take your money

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I know what you mean George...that picture.com site published my image, then kept sending me letters saying that if I paid such and such for some invitation (it was three or four hundred dollars for this so called invitation), I would get at least some silver bowl (probably wasn't even silver ) if I didn't win the $10,000 grand prize... but I never sent them any money, and they eventually quit trying! It's unbelievable, isn't it? How many scams there are out there, especially those Nigerian emails that offer you millions of dollars. I recently watched dateline nbc, and they actually went and met a couple of these scam artists. After the scammers (is that even a word? lol) found out that they were being taped, they fled!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    As they used to say in Hill Street Blues when the Sarge sent them on their way "Lets be careful out there"

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    It's such a shame....my hubby was scammed and it cost us quite a bit of money.

I won't go into the details of what happened into the details but I only wish the worst on the person that did that to us!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

lol
    So Far, So Good
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    It's such a shame....my hubby was scammed and it cost us quite a bit of money.

I won't go into the details of what happened into the details but I only wish the worst on the person that did that to us!
    That's horrible, hate to hear that. The only way to be vigilant is to be skeptical of almost everything that comes across your desk, so-to-speak, unless it is from family or friends--and even then it might be a scam because they don't know themselves.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links