Help with classmate portrait

This is a discussion on Help with classmate portrait within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I am a hobby photographer (still learning) and a neighbour has asked me to take some portraits of her classmate. No problem. Then she asked ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Help with classmate portrait

I am a hobby photographer (still learning) and a neighbour has asked me to take some portraits of her classmate. No problem. Then she asked me to include her in laws and sister's ! Yikes, I'm terrified now but I would like to do this to gain experience. I'd like some ideas for posing a group of 8 boys and 7 girls.
    Thanks

With a lot of people try to be high and show down. They all look up at you and you capture all the faces. No one ends up behind someone else.
    I wont shoot a wedding for any amount of money.

All I can say is practice, practice, practice. There are books for posing groups and what not but honestly you need to fail. And what I mean by fail is you will take these photos you will get back to your desk and see all the mistakes you made in the field and you will learn from those mistakes and hopefully try not to do those again. Then you will do another shoot and you will get back to your desk and see more mistakes and hate your photos(but don't worry you are getting better). Now go out and don't make those mistakes as well. Pretty soon your mistakes will only be noticeable to you and you will fix those too. Then before you know it you don't go yikes anymore and just say lets do this! Don't try to be perfect you never will just be better than your last shoot and you will be successful.
    Orlando Wedding Photographer William Arthur Photography

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links