Which communitiy to find models?

This is a discussion on Which communitiy to find models? within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hello everybody! I'm interested in fashion photography and so I'm looking for models. I'm wondering if model-communities a good way to find some. I found ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Which communitiy to find models?

Hello everybody!

I'm interested in fashion photography and so I'm looking for models. I'm wondering if model-communities a good way to find some.

I found three which look interesting: modelmanagement.com, modelmayhem.com and onemodelplace.com.

Do you already have experience with these websites? Which do you recommend?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Nina

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I've used Model Mayhem for a number of years; it's a good resource for free or inexpensive talent. When I want to test a new lighting idea or shoot concept, I'll usually put out a casting call on Model Mayhem for a TF* (Trade for), but there is a high flake factor, and the vast majority of the models are either totally inexperienced, or like a lot of "professional" photographers, trying it because their friends told them to. That said, I have had some excellent models, and the cost is 0. I've no experience with the other two.
    Visit my website: John's Photography Comments and critique always appreciated.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    You can find their profiles online on google itself and also if you can check the biggies in this zone. It always depends on the budget that you have. If you have a friend i'd suggest go with him/her they will be more natural and will add the raw look to your pictures.
    What i like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
    Karl Lagerfeld

Check out great photography tips and trick. Learn with us.
    Photography Gears | Blog | Unique University

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I have had experience with all three websites. model mayhem has worked a little better for me but like tirediron said it's almost a joke. finding people who are professional in the ethical sense is not always easy. one model place, I think you'd be luckier if you shoot glamour and/or nudes. in those fields, expect to see a lot of 'paid assignments only'. model management, I'm there but I'm not even sure I'm there. maybe I'm in the wrong city but I've never met anybody close to my area.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links