Need help from someone with experience shooting Grand Prix racing

This is a discussion on Need help from someone with experience shooting Grand Prix racing within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I plan on going to the Baltimore Grand Prix race weekend this summer and was wondering if anyone here had attended this race and taken ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith Jackson

Thread: Need help from someone with experience shooting Grand Prix racing

PHOTO EDITING OK

Need help from someone with experience shooting Grand Prix racing

I plan on going to the Baltimore Grand Prix race weekend this summer and was wondering if anyone here had attended this race and taken pictures there. I know that they change the track around but I was just trying to get a feel for where the good places to shoot might be and what equipment I should try to have with me. Even experience with other urban Grand Prix races would be helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    photoloverpp likes this.
    Disclaimer: I am not a professional so please take all comments with a grain of salt and consider the source.

Stupid photo blog that I had to make for my college photography class: My Stupid Photo Blog

Equipment
    5D Mark2, 24-70mm, 50mm 1.4. 70-200 2.8
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    hi - I haven't shot at Baltimore - but from shooting Grand Prix in the UK, you'll need the longest and fastest lens you've got (ideally f2.8 and 200mm or longer) a shutter speed of 1/500 or greater to freeze the action and select 'follow focus' option. You'll quickly see where the seasoned regulars stand - bends at the end of straights are good

PHOTO EDITING OK
    hi, I'm fond of car racing too. Although I have never been enjoyed the Baltimore Grand Prix race, I believe it's amazing!! My father like photography, he always tell me how to capture movements and how to make panorama then. there are 2 ways to capture movements. the first is to make a video, then make a panoramic photo with a tool, my father's tool is panorama maker. If you do not have camcorders or recorder-featured cameras at hand, it doesn't matter. You can utilize professional after-effects skills to enhance your photos for moving things. Generally people use sharpening tools and the like to emphasize main objects and blur the unimportant things. his photos are wonderful, like a car drifting, but i l like his photos about 360 panorama most.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links