Need some general advice on model mayhem and models in general.

This is a discussion on Need some general advice on model mayhem and models in general. within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; After working with my wife for a while, I decided to branch out and shoot some local models. However, this is all completely new to ...

Equipment
    Canon Rebel T2i, nifty 50
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Need some general advice on model mayhem and models in general.

After working with my wife for a while, I decided to branch out and shoot some local models. However, this is all completely new to me and I could really use some advice from the pros. I recently created an account on model model mayhem and even received some friend requests to boot. The problem is that I don't really know where to start. Several models have PMd me and asked whether I would like to set up a shoot. Obviously, this would all be a TFP affair. I just need to know how I should prepare and what I need to watch out for. What exactly would be expected of me? Is it OK to ask more experience models to give me some tips as far as posing is concerned? Any general advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Really it's just like any other negotiation. Write them back and tell them about you -- your goals, your experience, what you would like to accomplish during this shoot, some idea of where you would like to do the photoshoot, whether there will be any money changing hands, and if you will provide JPG's by email or CD. Ask them if they are interested, give out your phone number and invite them to write or call back. If you have any questions for them, be sure to ask. Just be upfront and honest, and hopefully you will get the same treatment back. If you're very new, say so, and the ones who are interested will understand.

And then -- be on time, be sure to stay in text contact with your model so you can find each other, sit down and talk for a few minutes, and then get started! It helps if you scout out the area before you meet your model so you have at least some ideas of where you might want to shoot some photos. Then you can bounce ideas off of each other and go with the flow.

Good luck!

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links