photography career

This is a discussion on photography career within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; i want to make a career out of photography; how do i go about that? i thought of applying for a job at a studio ...

Thumbs up

i want to make a career out of photography; how do i go about that? i thought of applying for a job at a studio like picture me studios. if i did that would i need a photography certificate or degree for that?

Quote Originally Posted by anothershot View Post
    i want to make a career out of photography; how do i go about that? i thought of applying for a job at a studio like picture me studios. if i did that would i need a photography certificate or degree for that?
    It all depends on what you want out of your career...As in do you want to work for a company or do you want to have your own company? The first step would be to decide that. Then say if you want to have your own company, you must purchase the proper equipment and start doing sessions for free to build your portfolio, if you're good at it and you have the eye for it....then more people will ask to do business with you. Becoming successful in the photography industry has a lot to do with word of mouth. So if someone does a session with you and loves your work, they may refer you to 5 other people, then those 5 people would then refer you to 5 more ...and so on.

So the first question you need to ask yourself is, do I want my own company or am I happy with working for someone else?

Then you need to ask yourself, how much can I invest into this to start out?

Does that help?

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links