Real Estate Photography

This is a discussion on Real Estate Photography within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; double post post...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    double post post
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Also, would a tilt/shift lens come in handy here? It'd be expensive, I know, but there would be enormous perspective and DOF correction advantages if used properly.

Proud Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle_turnip View Post
    Also, would a tilt/shift lens come in handy here? It'd be expensive, I know, but there would be enormous perspective and DOF correction advantages if used properly.
    Tilt shift/Perspective control are fabulous but you have to keep an eye on the focal plane. They can make everything look miniature if you aren't paying attention. They also don't come very wide. You can use something like a Lens baby, but again you have to keep tight control on how you are shooting.
    Steve

Never complain, Never explain. Learn it, live it

Our blog
    Our website
    My gear list

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    http://photographyforrealestate.net/ is a great resource, they also have a flickr group with some wonderful examples of the member's work and even more discussions.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRay View Post
    ... a fist full of business cards....
    It's tough to get started but business will pick up as you create satisfied clients (real estate people talk to each other more than they will admit...). But do follow the Turnip's business advice- lol, alienating clients is really not a good idea.

Get a portfolio of 20 good interiors and exteriors - use your place and your friends' places and knock on high-end doors and ask to do their places - to make your opening strongest when you present to potential clients. Don't be afraid to experiment and make mistakes with all the preceding information while figuring out how to do it, to establish your routine.

Tilts and shifts are valuable but perspective control in an editing program will serve just as well.

Other noticeably lucrative areas are Legal and Insurance. My experience a/o years ago is that insurance companies are difficult to break into but are pretty loyal to their suppliers whereas lawyers tend to hire anybody who can do court-worthy work for $1.50 less. My experience with lawyers was that they didn't like people who talked much and would always give me a first-time trial if I gave it to them for free.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by marionet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRay View Post
    ... a fist full of business cards....
    Tilts and shifts are valuable but perspective control in an editing program will serve just as well.
    if you don't mind hacking your image with the crop tool, I suppose it's just as good...

Have to disagree on this one. These lights are very low power requiring extra slow shutter speeds and take more time. Go with a couple of flashes. Easier to pack, faster, easier to set up, and much more powerful.

Appointment setting telemarketing | Appointment Making

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links