First documentary shoot

This is a discussion on First documentary shoot within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hi! It's been I while since posted on this board, but I appreciate the advice I've been given. In a week I'm traveling to Malawi ...

Hi!

It's been I while since posted on this board, but I appreciate the advice I've been given.

In a week I'm traveling to Malawi for a photography project at an NGO (5 weeks). I've never really worked on a longer-term project before and could use some advice on preparations. How do I prepare in the best way possible?

I'll be using a Canon EOS 7D, Canon 50mm 1.4f, Sigma 18-50mm 2.8, cheap tripod, 2x 8GB CF, 1x 16GB CF, 2 batteries. As I'm not yet working on a professional level I can't afford more equipment, but what I will invest in is a cleaning kit.

I'd love some comments on how to prepare creatively for a (foreign) photo project.

Best,
    Christopher

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Another battery or two doesn't go astray. A flash if you can afford one, and you shoot with one at all.
    Also can fully recommend a travel-type external hard drive. The ones that run off just USB cords are handy.

should give us more details: What is the theme, and that is to shoot. Photo kit you prezentato seems ok.

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by CWyatt View Post
    Also can fully recommend a travel-type external hard drive. The ones that run off just USB cords are handy.
    ditto. or if you're not taking a laptop or will have access to a computer then look into something like a hyperdrive colorspace: http://www.hypershop.com/HyperDrive-...-UDMA-s/64.htm

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links