Natural light reflector

This is a discussion on Natural light reflector within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I need one. I love taking portraits next to my slider (who doesn't?) but I do notice it's obvious there is one side not being ...

heathersphotos.com
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I need one. I love taking portraits next to my slider (who doesn't?) but I do notice it's obvious there is one side not being lit, so I want to get a reflector. Can anyone suggest a good one for reflecting natural light? Nothing pricey.. Even a white piece of poster board?? What do ya'll think?

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/w...um/banner7.jpg
    "You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it." ~Author Unknown
    Vintage SLR's

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    sounds like you answered your own question. a piece of poster board (i'd go for foam board since it's sturdier) will work fine.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I just bought a sheet of foam insulation at Menards for $11, and it has a plain silver backing. My husband will be making me a pvc frame for it to make it free standing. I'll have enough from that 1 sheet to make 2 nice size reflectors.

Maybe check into that.
    Geri
    People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life. ~Faith Resnick

Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR, Nikon TC-17E teleconverter.

heathersphotos.com
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Is Menards like Lowes?? Foam, good idea guys thanks :-)

Vintage SLR's

I use small size white writing board from 'eraser dust' and works well for me...

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Heather make sure we see the results

heathersphotos.com
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    For sure George! I still haven't gotten one yet though. I have a terrible memory.. Anytime I'm at the store I forget all about it! Terrible.

Vintage SLR's

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I have several types of white colored boards that I use but they're not very effective unless the natural light is very strong. A piece of foam core or other material probably won't be reflective enough to get a good bounce on the ambient light. I would go for the silver material suggested above. It will reflect better than just a plain board. You could try covering a plain piece of board with aluminum foil. That usually works better for me. I also have several old mirrors that I use to reflect light into dark areas. If the light is strong the mirrors can be a bit harsh but they generally work when you have soft ambient light.

Charles
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links