The importance of being prepared

This is a discussion on The importance of being prepared within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; This evening I had the opportunity to shoot a dinner for my largest client. They brought in their largest clients and a renowned chef that ...

Proud Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This evening I had the opportunity to shoot a dinner for my largest client. They brought in their largest clients and a renowned chef that many will recognize from the Food Network.
    As usual, I packed like I was never coming home again. Until tonight, I have had no equipment failures.

I show up early to get some set up shots, and everything is running smoothly. As the first guests arrive, my flash decides it doesn't want to work anymore. Brand new batteries with 10 or so pics snapped. I load up new batteries again, nothing. I switched cameras and still nothing.
    I then decide to swap flashes. With more than 300 photos taken tonight, and a large client expecting results I am glad that I had my back ups.

Never ever think that your system won't fail. In the end I had a heck of a time, met some great people, lined up some new work and managed to pull off some good shots in a horribly dark facility.

I will share some of the neat looking food dishes in a day or two. Maybe even the chef if the client gives the okay.

Steve

Never complain, Never explain. Learn it, live it

Our blog
    Our website
    My gear list

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links