Political poses. Advice

This is a discussion on Political poses. Advice within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hello I am fairly new to the site and today I just got my first job for taking pictures. The time will be around 3-4pm ...

Hello I am fairly new to the site and today I just got my first job for taking pictures. The time will be around 3-4pm with a river in the background. I was just wondering what kind of poses would look best for a political candidate as I have never really done many people pictures. Such as, would it look better to place him in the center of the photo or to apply the 1/3 rule? I am pretty much just starting out in this area so any tips or advice would be helpful.
    ~ Nikon D200~Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR ~ Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm VR ~ Nikon SB 800 ~ Whale Tail Light Diffuser best diffuser I have ever used ~
    "When all else fails...." -Ham radio operators world wide

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I think it depends on what you are trying to portray. Think of simple descriptions like self confidence, strong leader, etc...with the body language that is portrayed with those words and work from there. Also a few where this person is relaxed would be good too. May I ask in greater detail what this is for (news article, campaign, personal use, etc?) I think that would help us to help you out if we knew a little more about it.

I believe the pictures taken will be used for campaign, and/or a news article.
    I guess I can try some different poses and angles. It is a small town so I believe he will be going for a look of friendliness or warmth. So I figured I could perhaps use my amber gel filter, but I am very new to the portrait area of photography. I am trying to get more information on this subject but my employer just said be ready to take some pictures at 3pm at the water front.
    ~ Nikon D200~Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR ~ Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm VR ~ Nikon SB 800 ~ Whale Tail Light Diffuser best diffuser I have ever used ~
    "When all else fails...." -Ham radio operators world wide

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links