HDR Confusion??

This is a discussion on HDR Confusion?? within the Photography Discussion forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I am trying to make an HDR image in photoshop and this is the message I am getting: There is not enough dynamic range in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDR Confusion??

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I am trying to make an HDR image in photoshop and this is the message I am getting:
    There is not enough dynamic range in these photos to construst a useful HR image.

What does that mean?
    Thanks in advance
    Rachel
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams

Our Studio Website

Equipment
    Canon 5d mark ii, Canon 50d, Canon Rebel XTi, canon and sigma lenses, Flashpoint M Series Strobes, Canon Flashes, a ridiculous amount of light modifiers:)
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    are you using a plug in? Also, how many exposures and what format are you using?

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Please outline the process you are using. Is it the Merge to HDR function? What type of files are you using, Jpeg , Tiff, PSD, etc?

My guess would be that you are opening an 8 bit jpeg or something, but get me the above info and I think I can walk you through it.
    Canon EOS 40D, EF 28-135 IS, Canon EF 100 Macro, Sigma 10-20, Canon 100-400 IS USM.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I am using the file automation HDR in photoshop. I am using Raw files converted to Jpegs, so I can really make them into anything. What I did was take a Raw file and then in a digital photo program I have I underexposed it by 2 stops and overexposed it by 2 stops. Then I took all three into photoshop to try and make the HDR. I just thought it would be a cool effect to give some of our senior clients, but we don't shoot three photos all exposed different so I am just trying to create the different exposures in the computer. Could that be my problem?
    Let me know if you need more information.
    Thanks
    Rachel
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams

Our Studio Website

There is not enough dynamic range in your photos to construct a useful HR image.
    say cheeseburger!!!

MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE PRO 9

Equipment
    Canon 5d mark ii, Canon 50d, Canon Rebel XTi, canon and sigma lenses, Flashpoint M Series Strobes, Canon Flashes, a ridiculous amount of light modifiers:)
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    it might be an exif information problem. It probably views all three photos at the same exposure.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    You can create an HDR image using the technique you described. However, instead of converting your raw file into three separate jpegs, convert to 16 bit tiffs. This will give you enough information to try the technique out.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Canon EOS 40D, EF 28-135 IS, Canon EF 100 Macro, Sigma 10-20, Canon 100-400 IS USM.

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Move to Photography Discussion.

(we try to keep the forum galleries for photos only) Thanks!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    ChopperLinc Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM
    You can create an HDR image using the technique you described. However, instead of converting your raw file into three separate jpegs, convert to 16 bit tiffs. This will give you enough information to try the technique out.

I still seem to be having trouble. I have attached the 3 images I am using. Maybe the image is the wrong choice. The first one is the original, how does that look. Is my dark too dark or my light to light on the other two? These are jpegs so you can see what I have, but I did try and make them 16-bit Tiff and that didn't help.
    Thanks Jen, as soon as I can figure out how to make a photo I will post it here
    Rachel

Our Studio Website

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    ChopperLinc Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

I still seem to be having trouble. I have attached the 3 images I am using. Maybe the image is the wrong choice. The first one is the original, how does that look. Is my dark too dark or my light to light on the other two? These are jpegs so you can see what I have, but I did try and make them 16-bit Tiff and that didn't help.
    Thanks Jen, as soon as I can figure out how to make a photo I will post it here
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Rachel

Our Studio Website

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links